Kennametal

www.kennametal.com

Better than average for this area(Traverse City, MI).

Machine Operator (Current Employee) Traverse City, MI

ProsDecent pay. Good overtime for some departments. You have to really screw up big time to get fired(which might be considered a "con" too) They are really understanding about fitting your home life with work. They let me take long lunches when I took college classes, and let me come in late when I need to pick up my kids. Good tuition reimbursement program. They paid tens of thousands of dollars for my BS and encouraged me to get it, even though my job barely requires a HS Diploma. They seem to be good about letting one advance if they are willing to move around the country.

ConsA lot of politics goes on here. The people who wine/tattle/b*tch the most get their way. They are also overzealous about safety, or at least appearing to be safe. It's to the point where it is getting hard to do our jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that they should bring back the bonus program or at least have some type of profit sharing program. I understand that times were tough for a while, but we seem to be getting tons of sales recently. Some kind of bonus system would motivate us to do what is in the best interests of the owners and management, and work towards a profitable company, not just getting hours.

Kennametal - A Great Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Latrobe, PA

I have been working at Kennametal

Pros: Great location(except for young, singles)! Global opportunities. Very fair pay… Cons: Lack of standard processes. Influence of IT on the operation of the… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the focus on the customer and the company financials. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Mr and Miss-managment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greenfield, MA

I have been working at Kennametal

Pros: The pay is adiquate and the benifits are up there, all due to a union… Cons: Working for a plant manager who is more interested in corprate image and not real operation of the one plant. His corprate image style forces… Advice to Senior Management: Advice for Carlos. You have put in place a plant manager who has failed at every other job he has had and is failing here,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kennametal.

Worked for Kennametal? Contribute to the Community!