Kennametal

www.kennametal.com
  www.kennametal.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kennametal

Exciting place to work with a lot of opportunities to learn

Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Latrobe, PA
Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Latrobe, PA

I have been working at Kennametal

Pros

Good workplace, good management, excellent colleagues and quick improvement and nice hike in salary and vacation. Nice cafeteria and nice people

Cons

Less starting salary when compared to other similar places, Colleagues are of the 35-60 age category with a majority on the 45-60 range. Experienced people but take a long time to pass things.

79 Other Employee Reviews for Kennametal (View Most Recent)

Better than average for this area(Traverse City, MI).

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at Kennametal

Pros

Decent pay. Good overtime for some departments. You have to really screw up big time to get fired(which might be considered a "con" too) They are really understanding about fitting your home life with work. They let me take long lunches when I took college classes, and let me come in late when I need to pick up my kids. Good tuition reimbursement program. They paid tens of thousands of dollars for my BS and encouraged me to get it, even though my job barely requires a HS Diploma. They seem to be good about letting one advance if they are willing to move around the country.

Cons

A lot of politics goes on here. The people who wine/tattle/b*tch the most get their way. They are also overzealous about safety, or at least appearing to be safe. It's to the point where it is getting hard to do our jobs.

I think that they should bring back the bonus program or at least have some type of profit sharing program. I understand that times were tough for a while, but we seem to be getting tons of sales recently. Some kind of bonus system would motivate us to do what is in the best interests of the owners and management, and work towards a profitable company, not just getting hours.

Kennametal - A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Latrobe, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Latrobe, PA

I have been working at Kennametal

Pros

Great location(except for young, singles)! Global opportunities. Very fair pay and benefits. Management understanding of work/life balance. Great people to work with.

Cons

Lack of standard processes. Influence of IT on the operation of the business. Somewhat engineering led company at the expense of being customer oriented.

Keep the focus on the customer and the company financials. Provide clearer vision of overall strategy and direction for the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Kennametal