Kennedy Jenks

www.kennedyjenks.com

Great people, grew a bit too fast and lost the family culture, laid back environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people that work at Kennedy/Jenks are technically skilled, and it was great getting to know them personally and professionally. The office I worked in was very laid back with little to no micromanaging. Between the environmental practice and the water/wastewater sector, there were opportunities to work on a wide variety of projects. Personal time off and flexible work schedule/hours were never a problem.

ConsThere is little accountability for the work being done, despite the corporate message of quality assurance and control. In my office, the managerial structure was very loose and nearly non-existent, and the annual review process was not helpful. Because you didn't have a manager with a small number of direct reports, your career path and professional development were vague and ambiguous. The company grew too big too fast and has lost the family-run "K/J Way" that made it a great place to work under David Kennedy.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back the K/J Way of doing business and treating employees. Structure management within each office such that managers have no more than 6-8 direct reports that they can get to know and provide constructive feedback.

Great place to work

Intern (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kennedy Jenks full-time for less than a year

Pros: Patient, great team players, some of the smartest engineers around Cons: You have to fend for yourself as an engineer intern. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was a roller coaster

Drafter Designer (Former Employee) Reno, NV

I worked at Kennedy Jenks full-time for more than a year

Pros: Professional Environment, lots of meetings, great welcome meeting in San… Cons: Lots of work, non stop, not enough training on new software. Some outdated… Advice to Senior Management: More incentives for a better experience, more training for the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kennedy Jenks.

Worked for Kennedy Jenks? Contribute to the Community!