Kennedy Krieger Institute

www.kennedykrieger.org

Great kids, very standards and LOADS of Favortism

Patient Care Technician (Current Employee)

ProsKennedy has many caring staff members that really love the children. It isn't a big hospital at all so if you like to work somewhere that doesn't have a dozen rooms you will probably like it here. Staff is offered nice breaks, and tuition reimbursement is there, and very good if you are going on to pursue somehting in the nursing field.

ConsThere is HUGE corruption in upper management. They like who they like and that's the way it is. Don't expect any major favors unless they really like you. Recently I have picked up attitudes of favortism. Once your in there you will see it, feel it, and hear it. There is lots of lazy staff members as well. As I said people are allowed to get away with things such as leaving the floor, talking and texting on cell phones at the front desk. It is almost as if the place is a complete joke sometimes and not a REAL hospital. Pay is very, very, low. I am making 13.50. I made more back in Delaware with a non-profit organization. plus if your working as a tech you should be aware hat kennedy uses a lot of resources from hopkins (Emergency room, Pharmacy, and other appointments) therefore the tech has to run back and forth through their raggedy tunnel and take patient's to appointments, or ru to pharmacy all the time. It is not a short walk either. It is annoying and kennedy needs to upgrade and stop being cheap!

Advice to Senior ManagementPLEASE get it together and start paying attention. Stop gossiping like five year olds and start watching the people who aren't doing there job, or somewhere hiding. Provide feedback and survey's to your employees so you can really so who truly loves the organzation and who is really there to play games.

Best benefits package of any company

I have been working at Kennedy Krieger Institute

Pros: The benefits & the rewarding work that we do. … Cons: Time off isn't always easy to come by, we are… Advice to Senior Management: Rotating weekends like back in the old days should be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work put pay lacking.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kennedy Krieger Institute

Pros: Great work life balance, nice work environment, wonderful co-workers. Cons: The pay was below average. Advice to Senior Management: I like how institute is making itself more known in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kennedy Krieger Institute.

Worked for Kennedy Krieger Institute? Contribute to the Community!