Kennedy Krieger Institute
www.kennedykrieger.org Baltimore, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

Overall satisfied, but there's lots of space to improve!

Baltimore, MD

ProsKennedy Krieger has a lot of great benefits such as a 401k (KKI will match up to 3% of your salary here), paid tuition, and reduced tuition (50% if I remember correctly) for your children. Health benefits, sick leave, and vacation seem to be very reasonable. I work in a position where hours are flexible. The staff is incredibly helpful and pleasant to work with. There is a 'pay it forward' mentality with respect to training.

ConsThe pay is considerably lower than what you'd expect from a government or private industry position. If funding runs dry, expect to see people let go until more prospects arise. Your work experience will entirely depend on your supervisor. I have witnessed quite a bit of favoritism that's based on personal rather than professional relationships. My experience with respect to supervisors has been less than pleasant - very unprofessional and immature, especially when comparing to such great staff. Being a hospital and research facility, expect to work weekends and holidays if needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to challenge supervisors for their actions and attitudes. You could really boost morale, and unlike staff, you won't risk your job for it!

Kennedy Krieger is a great work environment, filled with great people, and with a wonderful reputation.

Clinician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kennedy Krieger Institute full-time

Pros: The administration is flexible and collaborative, the hours are reasonable, and the health benefits are some of the best in… Cons: It is in Baltimore, which is not my favorite city (though it has its benefits),… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company, rough department

Clinical Assistant I (Former Employee)

I worked at Kennedy Krieger Institute part-time for less than a year

Pros: Meaningful work, good culture and management was overall very nice… Cons: Working in the NBU can be tough, the patients are some of the most intense...CAs are underpaid, work… Advice to Senior Management: Would be helpful to find a better way to do scheduling. Have the employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kennedy Krieger Institute.

Worked for Kennedy Krieger Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kennedy Krieger Institute reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kennedy Krieger Institute CEO Gary W. Goldstein. All reviews posted anonymously by Kennedy Krieger Institute employees.