Kennedy Krieger Institute

www.kennedykrieger.org
  www.kennedykrieger.org
There are newer employer reviews for Kennedy Krieger Institute

Great overall company to be apart of

I have been working at Kennedy Krieger Institute

Pros

Very lenient with PTO
Not very many people you won't get along with
A lot of locations so depending on where you're at is where you'll most likely be

Cons

Certain jobs don't have very much room to move up, more lateral moving.

If theres not much room to move up then allow for better increases. This can be hard though until the economy improves.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Kennedy Krieger Institute (View Most Recent)

N/A

I have been working at Kennedy Krieger Institute

Pros

Great growth potential, and great salary.

Cons

Not a family organization, don't care about there employees.

Overall satisfied, but there's lots of space to improve!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Kennedy Krieger Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Kennedy Krieger has a lot of great benefits such as a 401k (KKI will match up to 3% of your salary here), paid tuition, and reduced tuition (50% if I remember correctly) for your children. Health benefits, sick leave, and vacation seem to be very reasonable. I work in a position where hours are flexible. The staff is incredibly helpful and pleasant to work with. There is a 'pay it forward' mentality with respect to training.

Cons

The pay is considerably lower than what you'd expect from a government or private industry position. If funding runs dry, expect to see people let go until more prospects arise. Your work experience will entirely depend on your supervisor. I have witnessed quite a bit of favoritism that's based on personal rather than professional relationships. My experience with respect to supervisors has been less than pleasant - very unprofessional and immature, especially when comparing to such great staff. Being a hospital and research facility, expect to work weekends and holidays if needed.

Don't be afraid to challenge supervisors for their actions and attitudes. You could really boost morale, and unlike staff, you won't risk your job for it!

There are newer employer reviews for Kennedy Krieger Institute