Kennedy Krieger Institute

There are newer employer reviews for Kennedy Krieger Institute

Overall Experience Horrible

Former Employee - Clinical Assistant I in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Clinical Assistant I in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Kennedy Krieger Institute part-time (less than an year)

Pros

1.Experience is good for resume.
2.Builds skills for hardworking and multitasking capabilities.

Cons

1. Upper Management has a lot of attitude for no reason, specially the scheduling lady; shows you a rude attitude for no reason.
2. Unfair system, don't care about anything except there company
3. Schedule flexibility is horrible
4. Not understanding, write you up for dumb stuff; like being sick even with a doctors note
5. Very very very unreasonable at times

Learn to favoriting, just because someone had been there a year versus 7 months doesn't mean automatically you should be nice to the person who was there longer yet a terrible employee versus the 7 month employee. Learn to be understanding, and actually think your employees are humans. Were not trash for you to use and throw away whenever you want. All the employees work really hard in the NBU. We work harder then you supervisors who sit there in the room the whole time. Also learn to assign patients to the proper size CA's. It is the dumbest thing to assign the biggest patient to a small person who will head butt them a kill them at the spot. You guys have no common sense; and sometimes knowing you have your favorite employees and give them the patients they want. JUst out of favoritism but then the ones who are not your favorite are stuck with the ridiculous huge patients.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Kennedy Krieger Institute (View Most Recent)

N/A

I have been working at Kennedy Krieger Institute

Pros

Great growth potential, and great salary.

Cons

Not a family organization, don't care about there employees.

Overall satisfied, but there's lots of space to improve!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Kennedy Krieger Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Kennedy Krieger has a lot of great benefits such as a 401k (KKI will match up to 3% of your salary here), paid tuition, and reduced tuition (50% if I remember correctly) for your children. Health benefits, sick leave, and vacation seem to be very reasonable. I work in a position where hours are flexible. The staff is incredibly helpful and pleasant to work with. There is a 'pay it forward' mentality with respect to training.

Cons

The pay is considerably lower than what you'd expect from a government or private industry position. If funding runs dry, expect to see people let go until more prospects arise. Your work experience will entirely depend on your supervisor. I have witnessed quite a bit of favoritism that's based on personal rather than professional relationships. My experience with respect to supervisors has been less than pleasant - very unprofessional and immature, especially when comparing to such great staff. Being a hospital and research facility, expect to work weekends and holidays if needed.

Don't be afraid to challenge supervisors for their actions and attitudes. You could really boost morale, and unlike staff, you won't risk your job for it!

There are newer employer reviews for Kennedy Krieger Institute