Kennedy Krieger Institute

www.kennedykrieger.org
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Kennedy Krieger Institute

Great place to work put pay lacking.

Pros

Great work life balance, nice work environment, wonderful co-workers.

Cons

The pay was below average.

Advice to Management

I like how institute is making itself more known in the community.

Other Employee Reviews for Kennedy Krieger Institute

A rewarding place to work

Pros

Kennedy Krieger offers a great benefits package including tuition reimbursement, computer purchase assistance, live near your work programs, and good health and dental insurance. The institute is very large and offers a wide range of jobs. The population served is very deserving, which provides the employees with a sense of importance. It's not just a paycheck.

Cons

Some jobs could be considered high stress and time off is not always easy to receive. Promotions are sometimes given to preferred people as opposed to the right person for the job

Advice to Management

Please provide more support for high stress jobs. Just like you, we work hard. Sometimes we need a "mental health day".

2. Excellent Training and Treatment Facility

Former Intern - Behavioral Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Former Intern - Behavioral Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Kennedy Krieger Institute as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The Neurobehavioral Outpatient Unit was a great place to receive training as an intern. John Huete was a great advisor, and the entire staff was highly professional. During my short stay, I learned countless practical and philosophical tid-bits about ABA from hands-on training and assigned readings. Cases ranged from children who were low- to high-functioning and young to old, providing a wide variety of exposure to the many possibilities offered by ABA. Most of the cases I assisted with involved reducing behaviors like aggression and self-injury, which were fairly severe--I found these interesting as the children often saw other therapists who could not help the way KKI could. Other cases involved parent-child interaction training, functional communication acquisition, and more advanced skill acquisition through talk therapy.

Cons

While the staff was highly professional most of the times, sometimes they slipped, as we all do. I could have used some more supervision during my training to get the most out of my time there.

Advice to Management

Hard for me to say as I was only at KKI for a summer. Maybe more time with the behavioral therapists would help improve employee satisfaction.