Kenneth Cole

www.kennethcole.com

Floor Supervisor

Pros

Management is fantastic. There is lots of opportunity to grow within the company. Pay is very reasonable.

Cons

Never was a consistent District Manager, there is always constant changes in the company.

Other reviews for Kenneth Cole

ok place to work

Pros

shoes are fantastic
    clothing gets better every season
    very on trend company
    decent pay scale
    lots of freedom to run your store

Cons

poor upper management
    Very little communication from DM level to store management
    very out dated payroll system and inventory systems

Open the lines of communication to stores

It's a really awesome job for starting in retail

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

1. Decent pay, $9/hour
    2. Really laid back managers, just sell your shoe care with their leather shoes at the register and you can keep the job
    3. Nobody steals sales from one another. Everybody has a zone. One for each department, Men's Apparel, Women's Apparel, Men's Shoes, and Women's Shoes.
    4. We break a couple of rules, as encouraged by management, but its all meant to maintain our job security and make it look good to corporate. All for the sake of keeping our jobs, because our traffic for our location is SO slow that we need to hit certain KPIs to keep our hours
    5. Managers are considerate of our personal lives and school
    6. Every once in a while, we all get to hang out together at the bars or clubs when off of work.
    7. K.C. is a recognizable brand, and it can be your gateway to higher-end stores. I highly RECOMMEND starting here and having it on your resume.
    8. My managers ENCOURAGE personal one-on-one selling and building clientele. It's a great attitude that is going to open a lot of doors for you.
    9. We have VERY BRIEF store meetings at 8:00AM. You might have to wake up early, but we'll be back home within half an hour.
    10. My District Managers commended me for my ability to sell shoe care and apparel spray.

Cons

1. Never had full time employment
    2. We do have quotas for Data Capture as well. If they are completely resistant to your requests for their emails or phone numbers, go ahead and make up a number when your management isn't looking.
    3. Promotion is SLOW, but think about it this way, at least it isn't as bad as "Not Promoting From Within". You'll become a key holder some day, but you might run across better jobs before you get there.
    4. Finding mis-mates for Clearance Women's Shoes is a real pain. Especially if customers rushed right into the store before it closed at 9:00PM and messed up all of your folded apparel displays and mixed up the shoes in the boxes.
    5. It seems like Corporate is VERY mean to my managers. They ask my staff questions that feel like its entrapping them or make them appear guilty, and I can see their negative conscience after they are done. It sort of brings us all down.

Stop being a jerk to my managers. We are trying our best in a store that gets no more than 150 people walking in a day. But we can convert more than a quarter of them. We are trying our best, so treat us WELL!

And we lost two of our managers because of how mean corporate is treating them.

There are newer employer reviews for Kenneth Cole.

Worked for Kenneth Cole? Contribute to the Community!