Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance

www.kyfbins.com

Most damaged place I ever worked - R-U-N!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

Pros* Comprehensive health insurance
* Half-days on Fridays if your work is done
* Discounts on auto insurance
* Lots of extra perks off the books if you are one of the favored people
* Easy to try out new jobs / promotions if you know the right person to give you a chance
* You might like the culture if you were popular in high school - same kind of cliques and high degree of peer pressure

Cons* Rampant bullying encouraged by management
* Employees pressured to purchase KYFB company insurance products to boost sales quotas -- management notified as to what you bought or not (no privacy)
* Company sets up and rewards individual heroics rather than teamwork
* Sweatshop culture for constant on-call demands - but this does not apply to management
* Departments are siloed and people don't want to share what they know for fear of losing their jobs if others know what they do
* Some managers are vicious and some are ok but just caught up in the drama - hard to figure out who to trust

Advice to Senior ManagementThis used to be a decent but very traditional place to have a long term career and retire with a pension. Slowly, it turned into a cutthroat sweatshop, with a big split between the long-timers and newer folks, and a lack of respect between the two groups.

Encourage change and career growth to attract qualified and effective employees rather than cowering in the corner, afraid to address dysfunctional behavior.

Am I in the military?

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance

Pros: They have great health and dental insurance packages. Full time employees get… Cons: Overall, the company is very conservative and the leadership structure is similar to the military. Many departments operate autonomously, so there is a lack of… Advice to Senior Management: Demonstrate positive leadership qualities that encourage communication and support. Become a team leader, not a militant leader. Don't reprimand those… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance

Pros: The benefits are exceptional. very laid back atmosphere regarding arrival… Cons: Very conservative company. I would consider some processes "old-school" Starting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance.

Worked for Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance? Contribute to the Community!