Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance

www.kyfbins.com

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Pros

The benefits are exceptional. very laid back atmosphere regarding arrival and dismissal times. We only work half-days on Firdays.

Cons

Very conservative company. I would consider some processes "old-school" Starting pay is less than other companies in the area.

Other reviews for Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance

A Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Manager in Louisville, KY

Pros

It is a very stable and financially successfull company. Since the company is a "mutual insurance" arrangement, we answer to our policy holders and do not have to be concerned with stock prices and dividends earned on shares. The company has a very low turnover rate resulting in experienced and happy employees. We work only a half-day each and every Friday. The benefits package greatly exceeds other companies in the area; however the salaries are slightly below other similiar organizations. The company offers reduced food prices in the on-site cafeteria. Great work-life balance and has the feel of a small-time company even though we have around 700 employees.

Cons

The organization is structured with about seven different divisions. Most of the time, the divisions tend to operate in silo's without regard to other areas; however senior management has begun a process to improve cross-functional decision making. Because many of the employees tend to have a long tenure, it seems that promotions go to the tenured folks first before any relatively new employee. Sort of like "wait, it's not your turn yet". The company is involved with many internal projects and has been bringing in external consultants to assist. This use of consultants gives the impression that the company employees may be lacking the necessary skill set to do their job effectively.

Senior management needs to be more trusting of the decision making abilities of their managers and supervisors. Too many times, decisions have to be made by senior management on daily operational issues. Senior management needs to be focused on the strategic view for the organization and let their lower level staff make the necessary operational decisions that tend to be routine in nature. Senior management needs to lead by example in attending professional development classes instead of thinking that they know it all. It should be more of a "do as I do" example instead of a "do as I say".

I have never seen such disorganization, workplace bullying and low morale until I worked at KFB.

Pros

KFB truly has some honest, hard working people within the organization who want to contribute to the success of the company. KFB also offers great benefits.

Cons

High turnover rates, extremely low morale (across the board), lack of communication and support from leadership, slow progress in technological sector, workplace bullying, incompetent leadership and questionable ethical practices.

Listen, be supportive, practice mutual respect (not dictatorship), be consistent and fair, share your knowledge, communicate, and "practice what you preach".

There are newer employer reviews for Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance.

Worked for Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance? Contribute to the Community!