Kerkering Barberio & Co

www.kbgrp.com
  www.kbgrp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kerkering Barberio & Co

Great reputation as a company, but horrible management of employees.

Former Employee - Accountant in Sarasota, FL
Former Employee - Accountant in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Kerkering Barberio & Co

Pros

Name recognition.
Name recognition.

Cons

If you aren't friends with your shareholder, you are basically on the outs to begin with.
Lots of favoritism.
Certain employees are allowed to act as bosses (and not even in management positions).
Other shareholders turn a blind eye to the chaos of their department and just care about billing clients and getting their pay.

Shakedown of shareholders/managers/supervisors in order. There are good employees who want to do their jobs but it is tainted by the lack of respect provided in most departments and too many henchmen who are just out to cut heads. Not a comfortable work environment, no open door policy. And to be more realistic about the hours that they want employees to work.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Kerkering Barberio & Co (View Most Recent)

unhappy at kb

Current Employee - Tax Slave in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Tax Slave in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co

Pros

Good opportunity. Good location. Donuts, bagels on friday. Nice people to work with. Birthday cake once a month.

Cons

See ratings. Also, employee of the month is not based on performance, but on popularity.

Pretend like you care about your employees. It will make them more loyal and more productive.

ENJOY WHAT YOU DO

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co

Pros

My team, my shareholder, I enjoy public accounting.

Cons

Favortism, long hours, location is downtown and we get a lot of riff raff in and around the building. Plus there is a PUB on the street level of the building that attracts the poeple you don't want to run into late at night when you are leaving the building alone. Management just sends out emails to warn us to be careful (just to cover their a**es.) They don't care or they would set ground rules or have 24-hour security. The parking facility is very dangerous. The Firm is just not what it used to be several years ago.

Being a Christian, and as most parents taught us, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. I will keep it as such.

There are newer employer reviews for Kerkering Barberio & Co