There are newer employer reviews for Kerkering Barberio & Co

They recognize their employees as their greatest asset and demonstrate it daily.

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Sarasota, FL
Current Employee - Accountant in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co

Pros

They realize and acknowledge that employees are their greatest assets. Professional growth through continuing education and personalized training is evident throughout all levels within the firm. Employees are given many resources, such as computers (IT equipment), office/workstation equipment, software, access to higher level staff for guidance and advice, and a high level of security within the office building to create a comfortable and efficient work environment. The company wants their employees to succeed and provide thier clients with unsurpassed and specialized service.

Cons

Client deadlines can create issues with families and personal obligations during the year. However, KB is always willing to accomodate and work within the needs of their employees. It can be difficult to balance your personal life with work responsibilities, but KB promotes a team approach to deal with these problems for both the benefit of their employees and clients.

Continue to treat your employees as your greatest assets and acknowledge and respond to the ever changing needs of employees and clients as the business environment is changes.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Kerkering Barberio & Co (View Most Recent)

DO YOU THINK WE WILL GET RAISES OR NOT?

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Accountant in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co

Pros

Will we get raises or won't we? We are paid low base salaries because we are promised overtime, but now we are not allowed to work overtime. We are called in if we work one hour overtime like children. This is not fair in this economy! We are still working just as hard and just as much.

Location, technology, and coworkers. On the outside, it looks to be a large firm but each shareholder has his/her own practice, and it is broken down into teams.

Cons

Size of firm. You don't get the family feeling anymore. If you are seen talking in the hallway you are frowned upon, it's just work, work, and work. They will beat you down to work, but do not want to pay you overtime anymore.

We have no HR dept. We have no one we can trust or talk to about anything. Management treats us like children. Who can we go to when we have a problem that is confidential? Is this so hard to ask of a company? I have a problem right now and I need talk to someone about it, and I don't feel comfortable talking with my shareholder. The dress code is terrible and is all HR can say is "I can't enforce it". Why waste money on a handbook then?

If you get a chance to work here, take it!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Kerkering Barberio & Co

Pros

Fellow employees
    Dual Monitors, Personal Scanners at Deck
    Fun Functions around the office

Cons

Very demanding during tax season long hours but no unexpected in public accounting
    Downtown is beautiful but attracts the homeless and it is sometimes scary coming in early and you see a homeless person sleeping by the door you are trying to enter. Security is a concern to the women.

n/a

There are newer employer reviews for Kerkering Barberio & Co

Worked for Kerkering Barberio & Co? Contribute to the Community!