They recognize their employees as their greatest asset and demonstrate it daily.

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Sarasota, FL
Current Employee - Accountant in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co

Pros

They realize and acknowledge that employees are their greatest assets. Professional growth through continuing education and personalized training is evident throughout all levels within the firm. Employees are given many resources, such as computers (IT equipment), office/workstation equipment, software, access to higher level staff for guidance and advice, and a high level of security within the office building to create a comfortable and efficient work environment. The company wants their employees to succeed and provide thier clients with unsurpassed and specialized service.

Cons

Client deadlines can create issues with families and personal obligations during the year. However, KB is always willing to accomodate and work within the needs of their employees. It can be difficult to balance your personal life with work responsibilities, but KB promotes a team approach to deal with these problems for both the benefit of their employees and clients.

Continue to treat your employees as your greatest assets and acknowledge and respond to the ever changing needs of employees and clients as the business environment is changes.

Other Reviews for Kerkering Barberio & Co

DO YOU THINK WE WILL GET RAISES OR NOT?

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Accountant in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co

Pros

Will we get raises or won't we? We are paid low base salaries because we are promised overtime, but now we are not allowed to work overtime. We are called in if we work one hour overtime like children. This is not fair in this economy! We are still working just as hard and just as much.

Location, technology, and coworkers. On the outside, it looks to be a large firm but each shareholder has his/her own practice, and it is broken down into teams.

Cons

Size of firm. You don't get the family feeling anymore. If you are seen talking in the hallway you are frowned upon, it's just work, work, and work. They will beat you down to work, but do not want to pay you overtime anymore.

We have no HR dept. We have no one we can trust or talk to about anything. Management treats us like children. Who can we go to when we have a problem that is confidential? Is this so hard to ask of a company? I have a problem right now and I need talk to someone about it, and I don't feel comfortable talking with my shareholder. The dress code is terrible and is all HR can say is "I can't enforce it". Why waste money on a handbook then?

Ask a lot of very specific questions if you are a prospective employee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Kerkering Barberio & Co

Pros

It provides a pay check. The benefits are good. For the most part, the office conditions are safe and nice. They are successful in hiring good workers and good people.

Cons

I felt like I was misled as to what my opportunities would be. The style of communication in our department was very lacking. If you are considering a position with KB in a supervisory role, ask to speak to members of the team you would be overseeing. This provides an opportunity to hear their specific concerns and may give you some clues as to issues and challenges, if any, they are facing.

Be honest about what you want from a prospective employee. Consider patterns that may be developing within certain departments, especially as it effects retention of talented staff

There are newer employer reviews for Kerkering Barberio & Co.

Worked for Kerkering Barberio & Co? Contribute to the Community!