Kerrville ISD

www.kerrvilleisd.net

A dream school district!

Teacher (Former Employee)

ProsKerrville ISD is a small school district that truly cares about the kids. When I was employed at Tivy High School, the principal and staff always reiterated that concept. I left for a larger school district and realized quickly that I made a mistake. The training for new teachers was beyond superb. Kerrville ISD as a whole, allows its employees to take advantage of any opportunites as well as contribute any and all ideas to better the education of the children of Kerrville. The kids are wonderful. Of course as a teacher you will always have your challenges, but the district provides so much support and the open door policy is truly an OPEN DOOR POLICY. They set you up for sucess and not failure. Even though Kerrville is small and often conservative, the district is extremely open minded.

ConsThe pay is not comparable to larger districts in the nearby San Antonio area, but it is the highest in the hill country area. As in any school district, some of teachers can sometimes be downers and close-minded, but that is far and few. I am unable to provide too many cons because it was truly an amazing place to be at.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the mind-set that what you do every day is truly about the kids. It was great to be in a district where that was always carried out every day.

Kerrville ISD best in the Hill Country

I have been working at Kerrville ISD

Pros: Kerrville is a beautiful place with a fantastic, supportive community. The… Cons: Kerrville is isolated, especially if you are single and over 30. There are… Advice to Senior Management: I would like to see less emphasis on standardized tests… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kerrville ISD.

Worked for Kerrville ISD? Contribute to the Community!