Kessler Collection

www.kesslercollection.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Kessler Collection

Young, fresh company with growth opportunities for the "stand outs".

Current Employee - Hospitality in Savannah, GA
Current Employee - Hospitality in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Kessler Collection full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I see this company giving the first time managers a break and allowing the hard working employees a chance to shine and be noticed. They promote a lot from within because they want to support the existing staff and reward hard work. The time to join Kessler is now and you will reap the rewards later. Talented people are seen by the owners and higher ups a lot more than other companies.

Cons

Still a young and family based company so not quite the machine that it WILL be one day....growing pains.

Advice to Management

Add Christmas bonuses for all.

reviews filtered by

An extended exercise in ineptitude.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Kessler Collection

Pros

It's at least a building block to working in a luxury hotel. A bunch of your other sort of entry-level co-workers can be pretty enjoyable as well.

Cons

Complete lack of initiative and drive by department managers. For months now, my property has severely understaffed. Perhaps this wouldn't be the case if the entire HR department wasn't empty for a month (and counting!). Many managers are quick to ignore advice and ideas, and even quicker to treat you like a child every day. I'm spoken down to on a daily basis....and people wonder why some parts of the property have no morale...

Advice to Management

Take an honest look at your managers. You have some people that are absolutely wrecking your departments day by day. I love my property GM, and I love the property itself. The mid-level management and such is just an absolute trainwreck.

No room for growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kessler Collection

Pros

You to work in beautiful environments and meet a lot of different people and bond over your hatred of your boss.

Cons

Upper management rarely higher from within so there is no motivation to work harder to get a better position. They always search from outside and bring in someone who doesn't understand that culture and inevitable burns out. HR likes to enforce rules for certain people and not for others, so make sure you get in tight with the right people.

Advice to Management

Cultivate your current employees and hire from within! Turnover is expensive!