Kessler Collection

www.kesslercollection.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Kessler Collection

An extended exercise in ineptitude.

I have been working at Kessler Collection

Pros

It's at least a building block to working in a luxury hotel. A bunch of your other sort of entry-level co-workers can be pretty enjoyable as well.

Cons

Complete lack of initiative and drive by department managers. For months now, my property has severely understaffed. Perhaps this wouldn't be the case if the entire HR department wasn't empty for a month (and counting!). Many managers are quick to ignore advice and ideas, and even quicker to treat you like a child every day. I'm spoken down to on a daily basis....and people wonder why some parts of the property have no morale...

Take an honest look at your managers. You have some people that are absolutely wrecking your departments day by day. I love my property GM, and I love the property itself. The mid-level management and such is just an absolute trainwreck.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Kessler Collection (View Most Recent)

No room for growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kessler Collection

Pros

You to work in beautiful environments and meet a lot of different people and bond over your hatred of your boss.

Cons

Upper management rarely higher from within so there is no motivation to work harder to get a better position. They always search from outside and bring in someone who doesn't understand that culture and inevitable burns out. HR likes to enforce rules for certain people and not for others, so make sure you get in tight with the right people.

Cultivate your current employees and hire from within! Turnover is expensive!

Work hard and be happy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Kessler Collection full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits
    Flexible hours
    Ability to be promoted from within should you follow the right procedures and work hard
    Wonderful Management and HR
    Amazing places to work in
    Much much more!

Cons

The corporate culture seems somewhat distant, they are more feared than supportive, high turnover from result of several not wanting to put the effort in, somewhat slow response hotel needs from the corporate office.

Keep encouraging employees to work hard and reap the benefits from it, encourage those who really work hard just as you already do, and for the employees and soon to be employees, this is a company that appreciates those who love what they do and work hard, if you have a good work ethic and follow company procedures then internal promotions are possible, don't be lazy or else you won't succeed, by working hard you will find a team of others like you who are excited to be with the company long into the future.

There are newer employer reviews for Kessler Collection