Kessler Collection

www.kesslercollection.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kessler Collection

An extended exercise in ineptitude.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Kessler Collection

Pros

It's at least a building block to working in a luxury hotel. A bunch of your other sort of entry-level co-workers can be pretty enjoyable as well.

Cons

Complete lack of initiative and drive by department managers. For months now, my property has severely understaffed. Perhaps this wouldn't be the case if the entire HR department wasn't empty for a month (and counting!). Many managers are quick to ignore advice and ideas, and even quicker to treat you like a child every day. I'm spoken down to on a daily basis....and people wonder why some parts of the property have no morale...

Take an honest look at your managers. You have some people that are absolutely wrecking your departments day by day. I love my property GM, and I love the property itself. The mid-level management and such is just an absolute trainwreck.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Kessler Collection (View Most Recent)

No room for growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kessler Collection

Pros

You to work in beautiful environments and meet a lot of different people and bond over your hatred of your boss.

Cons

Upper management rarely higher from within so there is no motivation to work harder to get a better position. They always search from outside and bring in someone who doesn't understand that culture and inevitable burns out. HR likes to enforce rules for certain people and not for others, so make sure you get in tight with the right people.

Cultivate your current employees and hire from within! Turnover is expensive!

Awesome company.

Former Employee - Cafe Attendant in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Cafe Attendant in Savannah, GA

I worked at Kessler Collection full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The location and service of this company is awesome. Everyone wants to help and will when asked. The management can be great.

Cons

Higher ups tend to not listen at times and will call you away from your actual job to help the 'main kitchen'

Hire more people!