Keste
www.keste.com Plano, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Great Oracle Platinum Partner!

Plano, TX

ProsYou get to play with great Oracle technologies
They have Exadata and Exalogic systems in house (just a perk)
They are making money and not just spending it
They provide training (you need to request and get it approved)
Keste is full of the best and brightest people
Keste is flexible with most issues (working remote, travel restrictions, negotiations)

Let me start of by saying that I interview new Oracle candidates on a weekly basis. I have asked Keste, what exactly are they looking for in new a hire? The answer from our staffing group is always, we want the BEST and the BRIGHTEST! Keste is not looking for someone that likes to "get by" or someone that is just looking for that next job, they are looking for the top 1% of the population.

If you want a chance with Oracle and the advanced tech that surrounds Oracle, Keste is a great place to grow your already built Oracle knowledge! There are other corps out there that will run you and run you until you drop. Keste is not like that. You might get put on a project that makes you work harder than you've ever worked before, but you will learn, grow and mature from that experience. I have interviewed with the competition and the best bang for your buck IS Keste. If you're looking for a bit of fresh air, Keste can help provide that. Make sure that when you interview with Keste, you're up front with your requirements. Keste has a very difficult interview process for certain positions. If you're one of the few highly sought after Oracle consultants, you'll have no issue getting exactly WHAT YOU WANT !! If you're like everyone else and maybe you need a bit more experience or maybe you're not polished, then I would not recommend Keste to you as they are looking for Sr. type individuals.

ConsNot really a con, but people that do not excel at Keste, probably do not enjoy fast paced and high volume work. You have to be able to work hard and adapt to change. Keste is a small company, but they have strong goals and management is always willing to listen. As with most companies that are under 300 employees, management is pretty flat. This is good and bad. I enjoy working directly for the CTO. However, he holds me to a very high standard, this can be good and bad at times. I've worked for VP's and CEO/CTOs for the majority of my career and I have found it to be very rewarding. I read one persons feedback that said that Keste was the worse place he has ever worked. That seemed a bit harsh and unwarranted. Keste is NOT the worse place to work and I promise you that if you're open, willing to adapt and hard working, Keste is actually a very pleasant company. Out of the 8 reviews (9 if you count mine), the negative reviews are from people that did not communicate well with management or didn't get along with others. Don't be hard headed people, learn about your team and be flexible, small companies like this usually have less structure and guidance.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! With 200+ employees you might have to start allowing the employees to manage a few of those day to day tasks. Running a tight ship is how you got to where you are today and I understand that, but make sure you are empowering others, listening to others and focusing on the future. I know it's hard sometimes to "give up" power, but don't think of it as "giving up", think of it as empowering others to help you grow and mature. Keste WILL get there, but you can't carry ALL the work on your shoulders 100% of the time.

Many good things but some things to work on

Plano, TX

I have been working at Keste full-time

Pros: - Great people centric CEO. - Very Smart technical people… Cons: - Very Centralized decision making that could cause delays - Employees are great technical people not consistently good consultants - hard… Advice to Senior Management: - Decentralize some decision making - Remove some of the redundant… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

If you like inefficiency this is a great place to work

I have been working at Keste full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Beautiful office environment Ability to work from home at times Convenient location Free water, coffee and tea You… Cons: Meetings really don't accomplish much Executives don't know how to lead Great place for a man to advance his career but not a woman Micromanagement is rampant They hire… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your people Stop spending money on things that don't really matter in the long run Take… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Keste.

Worked for Keste? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Keste reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Keste CEO Howard Moore. All reviews posted anonymously by Keste employees.