There are newer employer reviews for Ketchum Change

Amazing people, challenging work, creative consulting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Ketchum Change full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been at KPC for over a year and the organization has done a complete 180. With a team that is 95% new, yet still has history and roots from Stromberg Consulting, along with outstanding leadership, our boutique consultancy has turned into a power house for innovative change management thinking, the highest standards of client service and break through thought leadership.

The team is made up of smart, fun and motivated consultants. The culture is set up to be supportive for those starting off a career path and entrepreneurial for those looking to use their experience to bring fresh ideas and insights to client challenges. And, for a typical consulting firm, the travel model is much more manageable which allows you to still have a home base the majority of the time.

With the collaboration and backing of Ketchum, we have a strong foundation as a communications firm, but targeted expertise in change management, organizational effectiveness and employee communications/engagement. Our projects are grounded in Change/OD methodology with the expectation and room to create innovative and unique solutions for each different project.

Cons

There are the typical work/life balance challenges that come with any consulting job. Although the travel is about 30-40% (rather than 100%), we are still in a client service focused role, which often requires more than a typical 9-5 day. Since we are a small team and our business is growing very fast (which is great), we are working in a fast-paced environment and often are balancing multiple projects at once. On the flip side, this allows a lot of opportunity for career growth and the ability to be challenged. Additionally, to address the commitment and hard work, the leadership team promotes flexibility in work schedules and is really great about encouraging and supporting work/life balance to the extent possible in this industry.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Ketchum Change (View Most Recent)

A great consultancy squandered

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Ketchum Change

Pros

Overall a great team of talent from the legacy Stromberg Consulting group. Work consists of some great brands from the Ketchum and Omnicom roster.

Cons

Leaders who grew up in the PR business trying to run a consultancy. Increasingly an internal communications shop with a culture, benefits, development and leadership being driven by the PR mothership.

Ketchum has struggled for nearly 10 years to integrate the former Stromberg Consulting, with a rotating door of 7 leaders in 9 years. They are now losing even more ground as they struggle to integrate the Pleon communications shop.

Amazing place to work - meaningful, creative and effective change work, and smart, professional and supportive people!

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ketchum Change full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coming from a more traditional management consulting firm, I really enjoy the more creative and entrepenuerial type of environmnet the smaller (but growing) K-Change team. Even at a more junior level, I have opportunities to contribute to new business and thought leadership, as well as take on client-facing roles on my projects.

Cons

Juggling multiple projects and multiple clients can sometimes be a challenge, but also keeps the work exciting and interesting.

There are newer employer reviews for Ketchum Change

Worked for Ketchum Change? Contribute to the Community!