There are newer employer reviews for Ketchum

Great experience but they burn through people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Ketchum full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

High profile clients and engaging projects. Cutting edge digital and creative departments. Great place for junior PR professionals to gain valuable experience.

Cons

Morale is extremely low – management views employees as interchangeable 'resources' to be worked into the ground. Account teams agree to insane deadlines without consulting those who will be executing the work. Managers think nothing of calling at 10pm or over weekends with the crisis du jour.

Manage your teams. I experienced weeks where my direct manager never even spoke to me. Absent or un-engaged managers can create a volatile workplace where employees are pitted against each other and back-stabbing gets you ahead.

102 Other Employee Reviews for Ketchum (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn and grown

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Ketchum full-time

Pros

Retains well-respected clients
    Great sense of community (depending on what office you work in)
    Good for developing skills applicable to all industries and professions
    Strong emphasis on creativity and innovation

Cons

Junior levels carry heavy work load but pay is not competitive (typical for agencies)

Personally and Professionally Rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros

Ketchum is a collaborative, accepting place to work and I have built great friendships here. These are people I enjoy working with and as relationships deepen over the years, I like coming to work more and more. I have the opportunity to use my strengths every day. Ketchum focuses on training and development, identifying internal and external subject matter experts to help employees at all levels continue to develop in their careers.

Cons

The pace is very fast - it can be a little like "baptism by fire." I think managers try to do a good job of bringing on new people, but sometimes client demands and travel hinder this. Client work is demanding and compensation (as an industry) is lower than other fields.

There are newer employer reviews for Ketchum

Worked for Ketchum? Contribute to the Community!