Professional. Friendly. Honest.

Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA
Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ketchum as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Beautiful office/work environment with private rooms for client calls and great conference rooms -Fun clients and accounts -You get to work with some of the most creative, professional, friendly and patient colleagues -Interns all the way up to the Presidents work on the same campaigns/client accounts/projects -Interns and entry-level employees are highly valued. HR and upper level employees have regular check-in meetings with interns/entry-level employees to see how the work experience is going and what feedback you have for management -Fun parties and activities! ex. Bring your dog to work day

Cons

-Not the best entry-level salary. Especially considering the cost of living in San Francisco -Everyone constantly runs about 5 minutes late to internal meetings -You work with colleagues all around the nation so sometimes you rarely get face-to-face interaction with teammates

Advice to Management

-Continue seeking feedback from all levels of employees and making suggested improvements.

Other Employee Reviews for Ketchum

1. Great place to work and grow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ketchum full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Ketchum are creative and hard working. It is a collaborative and fun environment where everyone is always willing to pitch in and be supportive.

Cons

A billable environment can be tough to work in, but that goes with any agency.

2. A great place to get my first taste of big agency PR.

Former Intern - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ketchum as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was given a lot more opportunity than I would have at many other agencies, as an intern. I was given a wide range of projects to work on and very little busy work (basically the opposite of my time at Edelman). My supervisors took an active interest in helping me improve my skills and helping me find a job at another agency, when there weren't any openings at Ketchum at the end of my internship.

Cons

The senior leadership (VP and above) didn't seem to take a very active role in talent development and retention. My primary account supervisors were great at this, but then again, they both left the agency not too long after I did.

Advice to Management

Put a greater emphasis on helping younger team members grow and move up the ranks, to avoid losing talent to your competitors.