Ketchum

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros

Ketchum offers the chance to work on big-name projects. Even though it's a large company, you can still feel like you're making significant contributions to projects. If your career is in PR, this is a good place to be. Company culture is somewhat laid back, and they have office happy hours and baseball games, etc. If you're looking for an internship, Ketchum is a great place to start.

Cons

If you are, like me, not working on the PR side of the office, this may not be a good place for you, as the work is not as exciting as at some other places. Office culture can be somewhat impersonal--like birthday cake for everyone within a month with the words "Happy birthday" written on a flip board. People generally commute from out-of-town, so there's not a lot of socializing outside of work hours. Office environment can be really quiet and dull, everyone works in a small cubicle, and most people have tiny computer screens. Many of the accounts people (especially interns) do a lot of grunt work for very little pay; it seems unsatisfying. Ketchum is probably a better place to work if you are mid-career.

There are far too many "managers"! Anyone at Ketchum who has been in the industry for more than four years seems to be a "Vice President"--the title is almost meaningless. All of these "VP"s are Type A people who run around like Chicken Little, asking where things are. The office is top heavy!.

110 Other Employee Reviews for Ketchum (View Most Recent)

An Amazing Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Ketchum

Pros

The number one reason to work at Ketchum is the people. They are not only incredibly bright and insightful, they are also good people. From the top down, everyone I met was helpful, supportive and genuinely cared about each other. This is the type of place where you're always excited to go to work in the morning.

Cons

entry level salaries aren't the best, but they are comparable to similar size agencies. 8:30am start is early, but then again I'm not a morning person. Thats about all the cons I can come up with.

If you keep doing what you're doing and stay true to the company's core values, you will continue to attract the high caliber of talent you have today.

Ketchum is a good place work

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros

The people are wonderful and the agency environment is generally positive. We have an impressive client roster. Benefits are excellent.

Cons

As at all agencies the work is demanding and high stress. Account work is basically customer service and that can feel less than rewarding at times. I regret jumping into agency PR out of college versus going into a more lucrative career where perhaps there would be higher pay for similar levels of stress.

There is a lot of lip service to opportunities to move around in the agency, I am not seeing that as a real possibility for most account people. VP and above are not the mentors or excellent leaders, that is a shame.

There are newer employer reviews for Ketchum