Ketchum

www.ketchum.com

It's OK, but not going to stay here forever

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsAs far as PR Agencies in DC go, Ketchum is a pretty good one. More transparency from upper management on financials and such.

ConsVolume of work is absolutely crushing, work-life balance is a joke. Not enough staff to do the work -- ending up with more freelancers than staffers. And benefits are below industry standards -- two weeks vacation when most other DC agencies offer three to begin with. Very little sick leave too.

Managers don't have enough time to do their management tasks -- so reviews are 6-months late, no one has time to worry about career progression for those outside the traditional account-team roles.

Only ideas that are given credence are those surrounding social media. While social media is definitely growing faster than anyone ever imagined, can't hand our hats on that alone.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're going to start losing people if you don't take care of them. Two weeks vacation is not nearly enough when everyone puts in 50-hour weeks.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros: Growth opportunities at every level Cons: working longer hours (not by much) than other places Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros: Ketchum offers the chance to work on big-name projects. Even though it's a large company, you can still feel like you're making significant contributions to… Cons: If you are, like me, not working on the PR side of the office, this may not be a good place for you, as the… Advice to Senior Management: There are far too many "managers"! Anyone at Ketchum who has been in the industry for more than four years seems to be a "Vice… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ketchum.

Worked for Ketchum? Contribute to the Community!