Kettering Health Network

www.ketteringhealth.org
  www.ketteringhealth.org
There are newer employer reviews for Kettering Health Network

The company continues to encourage to grow and maintain their personnel.

Current Employee - Decision Support Analyst in Kettering, OH
Current Employee - Decision Support Analyst in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Kettering Health Network

Pros

The company encourages growth and employee satisfaction. Great employe benefits.

Cons

Ran by faith organization and maintains a strong hold over the company by strategically placing their members in key positions.

Key positions need to be filled by highly skilled employees. Maintain fairness at senior levels.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Kettering Health Network (View Most Recent)

Good environment to work in, great people but a lacking administration when it comes to employee relations.

Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Kettering Health Network

Pros

Very flexible, at least in my department, with my hours. I love the vacation time set up. We use PTO (paid time off) and it is accrued bi-weekly, it allows even new employees to accrue 3-4 weeks off after about a year of saving. Pretty good benefits also and a great group of people to work with.

Cons

Unless you want to be a nurse or a scrub tech, they will not help out at all with college tuition. There may be one or two other positions they will help with, but your choices are very limited. Doctors can be extremely rude, so if you easily have your feelings hurt, this is not the place for you. They say they are non-profit, but it is definitely all about the money here. You give suggestions to administration and it goes right in one ear and out the other. It can be worse than high school sometimes, if there is a problem between two people, instead of trying to work it out between the two, admin has to always get involved and play secret agent man by talking to others and trying to get dirt on both people. Can be very frustrating!

Don't worry about money so much, pay more attention to your employees. If an employee has a suggestion, at least try to implement it, instead of writing it down and probably just throwing it away back in your office. Have more of an up front approach instead of being sneaky and telling people one thing then doing another. And if anyone has been to admin office, the ever so famous line "we're not trying to keep this conversation secret, but we think it would be best if you don't tell anyone what we talked about in here today" You have got to be kidding me? Cut the crap and grow up.

The Glory is Gone!

Current Employee - Coordinator in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Kettering Health Network

Pros

Hospitals are fairly stable in a poor economy. People have to have health care and it is one of the last things people give up. One can transfer to other hospitals in the Adventist network and keep the time in grade eg seniority. Our hospital is in a beautiful location in the Miami Valley and there are many parks that the city fathers have seen fit to provide for the citizens. There are several new additions that can enhance the work place and standing in the community, there is going to be a new "heart hospital" to be built in the next 2 years.

Cons

It brags of being one of the best in the nation but works very hard at looking good while short changing the quality in many ways. In the past they have had a person on hire to study, as one example, what specific things a rating organization is asking this year. We are so obsessed with getting awards and things that bring Status to the organization that the patient can fall thru the cracks, we do not have the staff to give good care in many cases. The growth of the network is of great importance to the leadership and seems to be more important than the patient.

Be honest, don't be duplictious, work for the people not their own agrandisement. Get paid a reasonable amount.

There are newer employer reviews for Kettering Health Network