There are newer employer reviews for KeyBank

Hierarchical, silo'ed, with a culture that encourages secret-keeping and blame

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at KeyBank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance
Pockets of talented professionals depending on department/region, etc.

Cons

Culture is not transparent or inclusive, which makes it difficult to innovate and slow to market with products.
Constant (every 12-24 months) reorganization involves lots of employee churn as the bank hires cheaper and cheaper resources. $150-$200 worth of cuts planned between July 2012 and Dec 2013.
Significant leadership turnover, slow to hire leadership (for example, Talent Leadership position open for almost 2 years between 2010 and 2012).
Advancement happens largely when favorites are "tapped on the shoulder" by leadership.

An inclusive and transparent leadership culture where leaders were evaluated BY their employees (i.e. 360 review) and were successful because of their people development skills would improve succession and workforce planning efforts as well as improve morale and the culture generally.

366 Other Employee Reviews for KeyBank (View Most Recent)

Low Pay / Good Benefits

Current Employee - Fraud Analyst  in  Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at KeyBank full-time for more than a year

Pros

overtime eligible position / decent time off / health care benefits / good employee contribution to 401k plans / excellent dental and good eye care / bonuses /ability to move up quickly / school reimbursement

Cons

hard to get annual raises / raises small and do not match cost of living increases / underpaid in most all positions / overworked - especially if a salaried position

listen to employees! they have good ideas

I thoroughly enjoyed recruiting for the bank - has a great reputation.

Current Employee - Senior FInancial Recruiter  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior FInancial Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at KeyBank as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Everyone I worked with from the recruiting teams to the hiring managers and the very senior level management was very helpful and appreciative of the work I did. When i called candidates and told them I was recruiting for Key they never had anything negative to say - it is a regional bank with the capabilities and products of the GIANTS but with the feel of a community bank.

Cons

I dont have anything at all negative to say about the experience - I wish it could have become a permanent position.

Keep doing what you're doing - it's working! Always aks candidates about how they felt about the interviewing process - it can only improve the process for everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for KeyBank

Worked for KeyBank? Contribute to the Community!