KeyBank

www.key.com
  www.key.com
There are newer employer reviews for KeyBank

Do not care about their people

Former Employee - Client Service Manager
Former Employee - Client Service Manager

I worked at KeyBank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

not very positive work enviroment

Cons

Very unorganized right hand does not know what the left is doing!

400 Other Employee Reviews for KeyBank (View Most Recent)

Always thought I would retire from Key, but now I wouldn't work there again for $1 million per year.

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at KeyBank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and PTO. They also offered some of the best training ever, not just in sales, but computer programs and time management.

Cons

As a woman, I was treated completely different then the men in my territory. Twice, a man, who had been there for a short time, didn't have my skills or network of referral sources and had not come close to the numbers I hit were given promotions over me. It was made clear to me that I was expected to work 60-70 hours as an exempt employee, so I had to quit all of my personal activities. It became a bank where products were sold, not solutions. I often saw managers selling products because they had a goal to meet, not because it was best for the client.

Go back to the way things were in the early 1990's, where employees were encouraged to have a personal life and clear set career goals were encouraged.

Typical banking focus of profits over service to the customers.

Former Employee - Lead Teller in Watertown, NY
    Former Employee - Lead Teller in Watertown, NY

I worked at KeyBank full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good, organized training program at the regional offices in Syracuse, NY

Cons

Branch managers are retail/sales oriented. A branch manager with a background in furniture sales who knew how to close a sale, but NOTHING about the importance of banking regulation and service to the community within those laws.

Allow the focus to be on how to educate and help your customer base, not just give an unhappy person what they want to placate and NOT to waive common sense practices because a customer may have a large banking relationship with your company.

There are newer employer reviews for KeyBank