There are newer employer reviews for KeyBank

Lots of positives, but little upward mobility.

Current Employee - Loan Workout Rel Manager III  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Loan Workout Rel Manager III in Denver, CO

I have been working at KeyBank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits, lots of vacation regardless of job grade, all major holidays off plus three floating holidays through year, and compensation is good. The best part of the job is the excellent people who work for the company. My immediate co-workers and my managers are experienced, knowledgeable, and are a pleasure to work with. There are lots of opportunities to get exposure to other lines of business and continuous improvement / job training has been a major focus for the last several years.

Cons

As much as I love my managers, I sometimes feel as though I'm living the movie "Office Space" reporting to several different people. Word from the top of the house doesn't move as quickly down the chain as one would anticipate. It seems as though there is not a lot of room to move within the company unless one relocates to Cleveland. There have been many changes in the last few years and there is still a sense of unease about the stability of jobs with the company.

The past few years seem like we have been in "sit and wait" mode as the market recovers. We are well capitalized, on track to meet the expense reduction goals, and have a talented workforce - when are we going to start taking a few more risks in lending and getting back in the competitive game? We could be a serious force to be reckoned with if we had a direction to focus in.

366 Other Employee Reviews for KeyBank (View Most Recent)

Pathetic

Current Employee - Relationship Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at KeyBank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benfits are above average, you get 4 weeks of vacation per year, and they have a good match on the 401K.

Cons

This bank is honestly terrible. The senior management is only concearned with the stock price and they have fallen so far off of what they built to begin with. What started out as relationship banking has become product pushing for mindless employees. They have dishonest sales practices, and incompetent training programs. To be successful at Key, you must push debt on people and pretend to be a trusted advisor. The sales goals are unreasonable, but you are held to them regardless. If you are thinking of working here, try somewhere else. If you are thinking of banking here, try somewhere else. If you have a brain, use it at a different company.

When you offer a max 8% raise for a promotion, it doesn't motivate your employees. People came to Key because of what made us different from the other banks, but now, you just want to become the other banks. And the worst part...the reason for the change is to line your own pockets, not because you care.

Poor management, lack of communication, no team work , no support from direct management or Corporate HR

Former Employee - Licensed Relationship Manager
    Former Employee - Licensed Relationship Manager

I worked at KeyBank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training program, ok benefits , decent hours, northeast trainer is fabulous. Difficult to find any more pros- 20 word minimum not easy in regards to positive comments about my experience

Cons

Management is not supportive, don't go to corp HR if you have any problems or concerns! Team work is not promoted, terrible communication. Do NOT believe HR re: no- retaliation policy - you will regret it

Look closer at your branch's managers- their character ( lack thereof) and lack of ethical behavior.

There are newer employer reviews for KeyBank

Worked for KeyBank? Contribute to the Community!