There are newer employer reviews for KeyPoint Government Solutions

disappointing

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time

Pros

good benefits, managment doesn't tell you what to do.

Cons

no career advancement, no raises, management doesn't tell you what to do (at all).

Glad I had another opportunity. With the way I was treated on my way out - I hope they want be back someday so that I can say "go fly a kite"!

reviews filtered by

Best decision i have ever made!

Current Employee - Investigator
    Current Employee - Investigator

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions

Pros

Plenty of work
    Manageable Deadlines
    The company is actually interested in National Security over the ol mighty $
    Company Car(coming soon)
    Respect/Raises/Bonuses

Cons

Management is not very knowledgeable in day to day life of any investigator.
    Communication is lacking

Keep doing what you are doing. Each day is better here. Just make sure you do not turn into what the competition has turned into.

Independent contractor jobs are not worth the effort and low pay.

Former Employee - Special Investigator
    Former Employee - Special Investigator

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions

Pros

Security clearance. Coolness of badge wears off after the workload issues contemplated and reality of pay structure is clarified.

Cons

Where do I start? Keypoint is not upfront as far as pay. They don't tell you that if you can't find a neighbor source, you have to take two more (unpaid) separate trips back to find sources that know subject. Of course, they only pay your for the source statements, no matter how many trips.

They say in the contract that you can reject assignments but you can't or you are released from contract.

They send you on record pulls and you can drive for a total of two hours, pay for gas/parking, input the records and they only reimburse you $20. You will make $3 per hour on these assignments. Contrary to the contract they sign, you can't reject these assignments as independent contractor.

The training is brutal and the details required in the reports are onerous. You can see that most background investigator positions are contractors. This is because they can pay you close to nothing and get as much work out of you as a regular employee.

Tell the independent contractors the truth about how low paying this job really is. Sure, if you live on a military base, you could make decent money, but most investigators will make peanuts.

There are newer employer reviews for KeyPoint Government Solutions