There are newer employer reviews for KeyStaff

Working with Keystaff has been a good experience.

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff

Pros

Work with many companies
Multiple options
Payment every week

Cons

Temp work
Benefits could be better

4 Other Employee Reviews for KeyStaff (View Most Recent)

not bad, not great

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff

Pros

I feel lucky to have been given the opportunity to gain so much experience, as you do EVERYTHING here (recruiting, sales, account mngt, even back office stuff like writing procedures and dealing with payroll/invoicing issues and resolving problems created years ago in the company's fledgling stages). The small company has a work hard play hard atmosphere, but more of the former.

Cons

There is very little recognition for a job well done. Commission is a joke at 2% of gross margin, and selling a large new account would result in so much more work that it would be nearly unmanageable. All recruiters in the company feel really maxed out at any given time. There is no desire to move up in the company as "branch manager" is the only step upward and the co-owners micromanage branch mngrs to death. With no benefits, no 401k, and no opportunity for upward mobility, anyone would be stupid to spend too much time working here towards nothing.

A giftcard and a snide remark do not create feelings of recognition and appreciation. Set tangible goals, and stop saying "when you prove yourself of value to this organization we will reward you." That is ominous and devaluing. ESPECIALLY don't say: "if I could replace you with a robot I would." Thanks. Keep those thoughts to yourself.

Recruiting/Sales

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (more than an year)

Pros

KeyStaff is great place to work! KeyStaff provides the right tools to be successful and allows growth within the company. I am fortunate to work for KeyStaff because I love to be independent and manage myself. If you truly have a great work ethic and can self-start. KeyStaff is the place for you.

Cons

If you have entitlement issues and do not work well with others, do not apply with KeyStaff.

Thanks for hiring me!