KeyStaff

www.keystaffinc.com

not bad, not great

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

Pros

I feel lucky to have been given the opportunity to gain so much experience, as you do EVERYTHING here (recruiting, sales, account mngt, even back office stuff like writing procedures and dealing with payroll/invoicing issues and resolving problems created years ago in the company's fledgling stages). The small company has a work hard play hard atmosphere, but more of the former.

Cons

There is very little recognition for a job well done. Commission is a joke at 2% of gross margin, and selling a large new account would result in so much more work that it would be nearly unmanageable. All recruiters in the company feel really maxed out at any given time. There is no desire to move up in the company as "branch manager" is the only step upward and the co-owners micromanage branch mngrs to death. With no benefits, no 401k, and no opportunity for upward mobility, anyone would be stupid to spend too much time working here towards nothing.

A giftcard and a snide remark do not create feelings of recognition and appreciation. Set tangible goals, and stop saying "when you prove yourself of value to this organization we will reward you." That is ominous and devaluing. ESPECIALLY don't say: "if I could replace you with a robot I would." Thanks. Keep those thoughts to yourself.

Other reviews for KeyStaff

Recruiting/Sales

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

KeyStaff is great place to work! KeyStaff provides the right tools to be successful and allows growth within the company. I am fortunate to work for KeyStaff because I love to be independent and manage myself. If you truly have a great work ethic and can self-start. KeyStaff is the place for you.

Cons

If you have entitlement issues and do not work well with others, do not apply with KeyStaff.

Thanks for hiring me!

This is not a good place to work, false promises in a glossy package

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

It was a job but not a very good one. Very frustrating place to work if you are a professional.

Cons

Poorly trained staff, poor support and back-up. Focus on infrastructure and stop trying to open more branch offices than you can actually support and stop letting recruiters throw live bodies at your clients.

Hire qualified support staff and your 90% + plus turnover for your internal staff will decrease

There are newer employer reviews for KeyStaff.

Worked for KeyStaff? Contribute to the Community!