There are newer employer reviews for Keystone Foods

Good pay, bad leadership...top to bottom.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Pros

Good pay and benefits are better than most companies. Free drinks and lots of miscellanuous perks for all employees in the warehouse.

Cons

Never able to start work on time, systems are always backed up and waiting on the other departments. Supervisors don't supervise, they end up having to work since they hire lazy people. Drivers always complain and never get feedback on when you do something good. Always asking/telling you to stay overtime, even if you can't. No work/life balance and they run you into the ground...every day.

Advice to Management

Hire new upper mgmt who know what is going on and leave the ivory tower. Hold employees accountable and get rid of the poor performers, before they become a cancer within the organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Keystone Foods

1. Job Review

Former Employee - Production Manager in Albany, KY
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Albany, KY

Pros

The benefits were top of the line for this area.. The people who work there, employees very friendly. The bonuses for the employees . I loved my job at Equity and had plans on retiring there. It was one of the best company's to work for I have ever been employed with. The company did management cut backs and downsized Manager jobs. This was very unfortunate for the Managers involved. Their dreams of a future were taken away in a instance.

Cons

The communication is terrible. You feel like you are working for the CIA. Everything is a secret, unless you are upper management. Lower level management is not kept informed of what is going on. They do not appreciate a job well done by employees. They have no respect for ethics. When I first started for the company several years ago, your conduct mattered at work and away from work. Now it is not that way. Most of the practices of upper management are unethical. Most of the upper management do not follow company policies either. I always thought that manager relations should be professional, but they are not. Several years ago, this company was well respected throughout the community, but know it is not because of many of the issues listed above. I always thought that the treatment of the employees was top priority, but now I know it is not. Safety is suppose to be the number one job priority, but in the past year, even that has been lacking tremendously. This is sad for all involved. The past 2 years there were no salary increases for management.

Advice to Management

Talk to people , even lower management employees. They will tell you that everything has changed, and it is not for the better. Get feedback from them, don't settle for reports from senior staff. Pay competitive wages. We were always told that we could not be payed the expected salary of other poultry processing managers because of where we were located. If you take care of everyone , they will work hard for the company.

2. Great company

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in West Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in West Conshohocken, PA

Pros

Fantastic benefits, nice/caring work environment, free breakfast and lunch

Cons

Old school HR mentality for raises, new hires get much more money though they don't have the competence of some internal employees who might have done a better job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - but remember to reward lower level employees with promotions.