Kiddie Academy

There are newer employer reviews for Kiddie Academy

Corporate atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, MD

I have been working at Kiddie Academy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Many managers are supportive, helpful, and in your corner. Leadership can be open to new ideas & different opinions. Corporate employees enjoy some fun events, such as a nice holiday party, etc.

Cons

Corporate atmosphere needlessly rigid in areas that have little impact on job performance, etc. The dress code, for example, is highly strict - even for employees that have no contact with customers. There is no option to work from home, regardless of the circumstances. If you have a slight cold, your options are to take one of your alloted days off or to go in anyway.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Kiddie Academy (View Most Recent)

Sad to be moving on- really have loved KA!

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in League City, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in League City, TX

I have been working at Kiddie Academy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Owners and management are like family. They establish a great working environment. I have been attending college to finish my Early Childhood degree during my employment and they've really been great about working with my schedule. I love my co workers and am going to miss them :-( If I had children I would absolutely bring them here. They also let us do fun things like Jean Friday and pay for our continuing ed.

Cons

I think working with children in general can be hard some days. But any job will have hard days right? The director was supportive when we had issues though.

Keep doing what your doing and the school will remain the best!

Unappreciated.

Former Employee - Teacher in Holly Spring, NC
    Former Employee - Teacher in Holly Spring, NC

I worked at Kiddie Academy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Childcare discount ..That is it.

Cons

Lack of communication is number 1. There is no work life balance. Owners do not give raises unless you take classes no matter how wonderful of a teacher you are and you have to practically beg for that. Bonus at the end of the year is solely based on attendance which means if you are late more then twice in a year and called out more then once you are disqualified from getting it no matter how great of a teacher you are. They will not help you with your education expense at all. No sick day's and if you call out they take time away from you. The only reason I stayed is because i loved the children.

Empathy, Treat people the way YOU want to be treated. Appreciate the GOOD employees you have. Stop rewarding people solely on their attendance that should only be a part of the bonus. COST OF LIVING RAISE!!!!!! Something anything would be nice. The only incentive to do better is the children otherwise there is NONE!!!!! And the Owner/Director needs to put the children first not her bank account.

There are newer employer reviews for Kiddie Academy