Kiddie Academy

There are newer employer reviews for Kiddie Academy

Corporate atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, MD

I have been working at Kiddie Academy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many managers are supportive, helpful, and in your corner. Leadership can be open to new ideas & different opinions. Corporate employees enjoy some fun events, such as a nice holiday party, etc.

Cons

Corporate atmosphere needlessly rigid in areas that have little impact on job performance, etc. The dress code, for example, is highly strict - even for employees that have no contact with customers. There is no option to work from home, regardless of the circumstances. If you have a slight cold, your options are to take one of your alloted days off or to go in anyway.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Kiddie Academy (View Most Recent)

Sad to be moving on- really have loved KA!

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in League City, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in League City, TX

I have been working at Kiddie Academy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Owners and management are like family. They establish a great working environment. I have been attending college to finish my Early Childhood degree during my employment and they've really been great about working with my schedule. I love my co workers and am going to miss them :-( If I had children I would absolutely bring them here. They also let us do fun things like Jean Friday and pay for our continuing ed.

Cons

I think working with children in general can be hard some days. But any job will have hard days right? The director was supportive when we had issues though.

Keep doing what your doing and the school will remain the best!

Had such amazing potential, but ended up being a waste of time and energy

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Crystal Lake, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Crystal Lake, IL

I worked at Kiddie Academy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fantastic co-workers and director, loved having access to ready-to-use curriculum

Cons

Absolutely terrible management by owner(s), awful pay, very little follow-through on promises and agreements

Go to school for either business/management or child care - owners should be allowed to stay in a room alone with children. You hired great teachers, but they will not stick around if they can't live off of what you pay them. Be consistent - don't promise or threaten something without actually doing it. Be open to new marketing and PR ideas - center will NOT grow without spending more than $3 on advertising. So much more to suggest, but it would take much too long to type!

There are newer employer reviews for Kiddie Academy