KidsPeace

www.kidspeace.org
  www.kidspeace.org
There are newer employer reviews for KidsPeace

Good experience, loved what I did, horrible administration and communication within the company

Former Employee - Child Care Counselor II in Orefield, PA
Former Employee - Child Care Counselor II in Orefield, PA

I worked at KidsPeace part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Give you purpose, great for psych/social work majors, good experience, exposes you to many things, interact with a wide variety of people, hands-on experience, receive a lot of training

Cons

Difficult situations, requires much patience, can be a very intense workplace, high turnover rate, administration is very flawed, horrible communication within the company, staff are not treated well by some higher-ups.

Find a way to be more organized and communicate more, treat staff more objectively, treat staff with more respect.

36 Other Employee Reviews for KidsPeace (View Most Recent)

very ok

I have been working at KidsPeace

Pros

multi-tasked job-never bored.Always on the go.Between all of our campus sites.There is always a problem that needs to be solved.

Cons

salary is not up to local standards. All the work that is required of me constantly on a daily. i a under payed . In the last four years the only thing I have received is a 2% paycut.

Communiction,lack of support.Need the cell phone back.The old radio never work when there is a emergency.E.P.P. / On call pay. EPP is always overtime pay the on call pay is not.Holiday no overtime until after working a full 40 hour week.Epp is overtime no matter what.The on call is for emergencys also?

The place is run by money grubbing incompetent power hungry executives.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orefield, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orefield, PA

I worked at KidsPeace

Pros

Working with the kids is great and rewarding. Support staff, clinicians, etc. were fantastic. Wonderful place to work if it weren't for the attitude and actions of upper management.

Cons

Upper management does not have any concern for their workers. Do the job and shut up...you will be okay. And no matter who screws up...it's always he little guys fault. Upper management gives you none of the credit and all of the blame.

Get people working their who actually care about their employees instead of greedy arrogant leaders who think they know the answers, but truly couldn't punch their way out of a paper bag....in the minds of these folks....ready, shoot, aim.......knee jerk reactions and unfounded bs they blame on us.....oh and they just fired a ton of people because of hearsay and caused more harm than what they blamed the employees for.

There are newer employer reviews for KidsPeace