There are newer employer reviews for KidsPeace

Get's a bad wrap and many do not see the good done for the children in the community and at large

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at KidsPeace part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Growth opportunity, good training, some staff are very committed to enhancing their work environment and are very professional. I have had good managers and colleagues that work together very well.

Cons

There is no perfect place so I guess it depends on the reviewer. the only con I see is that sometimes they have to rely on individuals who are transient and not truly trying to become professionals in the field that they are working. this is always risky especially when working with children.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good experience, loved what I did, horrible administration and communication within the company

Former Employee - Child Care Counselor II in Orefield, PA
    Former Employee - Child Care Counselor II in Orefield, PA

I worked at KidsPeace part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Give you purpose, great for psych/social work majors, good experience, exposes you to many things, interact with a wide variety of people, hands-on experience, receive a lot of training

Cons

Difficult situations, requires much patience, can be a very intense workplace, high turnover rate, administration is very flawed, horrible communication within the company, staff are not treated well by some higher-ups.

Advice to Management

Find a way to be more organized and communicate more, treat staff more objectively, treat staff with more respect.

2. very ok

I have been working at KidsPeace

Pros

multi-tasked job-never bored.Always on the go.Between all of our campus sites.There is always a problem that needs to be solved.

Cons

salary is not up to local standards. All the work that is required of me constantly on a daily. i a under payed . In the last four years the only thing I have received is a 2% paycut.

Advice to Management

Communiction,lack of support.Need the cell phone back.The old radio never work when there is a emergency.E.P.P. / On call pay. EPP is always overtime pay the on call pay is not.Holiday no overtime until after working a full 40 hour week.Epp is overtime no matter what.The on call is for emergencys also?