KidsPeace
www.kidspeace.org Orefield, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Company in transition - beware of risk and opportunity

I have been working at KidsPeace

ProsKidsPeace does great work with kids and treats a wide range of clients with varying needs. The company has gone through leadership changes recently and continues to have some growing pains. Recent grads will have the opportunity to gain great experience quickly. Professionals seeking licensure will receive decent clinical supervision from professionals and will get plenty of hours/client exposure. The mission and vision of the company is intact... see Cons about culture. If you are considering employement at KidsPeace, the community programs (foster care for example) are great placese for opportunity. Residential jobs will garner you great experience as well as work in the Hospital. There is risk associated with those programs however.

ConsBenefits package used to be great, but policy changes over the last few years have degraded that. Senior leadership continues to be detached from actual work at the "boots on the ground" level. Organization structure is completely changing, but the migration has been less than transparent. Corporate culture can be reactionary. Training, supervision and mentoring is not valued as training budgets are under funded. There has been a recent focus on accountability, but there are pockets of good and bad there. Establish a good relationship with your supervisor and seek out feedback or you'll get left on the sidelines.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on staff as your most valuable asset. They need to understand their value and attachment to the mission. Crafting a culture of service to the organization has demonstrated some gains; keep it up. Ultimately, staff want to see compensation and benefits as indicators of their value.

Hard Work

Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee)
Orefield, PA

I have been working at KidsPeace part-time for more than a year

Pros: Helping kids in crisis making a difference Cons: Low staff and quick turn around Advice to Senior Management: Help direct care staff Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A valuable and eye-opening life experience

Mental Health Tech II (Former Employee)
Orefield, PA

I worked at KidsPeace full-time for more than a year

Pros: I will preface this by saying that I worked as a Mental Health Technician II (Child Care Counselor II when I first began working) on… Cons: I will start off by saying that despite all the times I was verbally attacked, physically assaulted, and had bodily fluids / substances hurled in… Advice to Senior Management: Get in touch with what is actually going on on a day-to-day basis and utilize staff feedback before mandating policies that look great on paper… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on KidsPeace.

Worked for KidsPeace? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KidsPeace reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KidsPeace CEO William R. Isemann . All reviews posted anonymously by KidsPeace employees.