KidsPeace

www.kidspeace.org
  www.kidspeace.org
There are newer employer reviews for KidsPeace

Do yourself a favor, don't work here!

Former Employee - Family Consultant in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Family Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at KidsPeace

Pros

The salary and benefits are good. Somewhat flexible schedule. Meet some great people (clients and co-workers).

Cons

Basically they management act like they own the staff. They expect that you are available 24/7, including being on-call. Staff burn out very quickly, most people last approximately 6 months, and 2 months of that is spent in training. There is no respect from management, the morale is low, and they work staff into the ground until they quit. Staff are very unhappy here and everyone is trying to get out.

Honestly, I don't know what to say, although management does not respect the work the staff does, it is not completely their fault that this jobs sucks as much as it does. The DC foster care system is very complex, and this is an extremely tough field. Lower the requirements of the job, get company vehicles, don't duplicate work, really EXPLAIN the job during the interview, train staff more at kidspeace instead of relying on the useless CFSA training.

35 Other Employee Reviews for KidsPeace (View Most Recent)

All About The Benjamins

Former Employee - Clinician I
    Former Employee - Clinician I

I worked at KidsPeace

Pros

You work a TON of hours, so you can get your licenses and/or certifications fairly quickly. This is the #1 best thing about this company. Coworkers were generally great people.

Cons

Management is only concerned about the bottom line, including keeping kids in treatment who might be better served by something else. I had a lot of ethical issues with this place. Very long hours, no sympathy if you need time off. Stingy with time off if you've worked there less than 10 years. This place accepts the worst of the worst kids, so be prepared. Just before I left, mgt. cut salaries across the board - unbelieveable.

Realize you have some good people working there who care about the kids. But guess what? The good people can find other jobs at companies that compensate them better and appreciate them. So guess who stays?

A good place to work in the child welfare arena

I have been working at KidsPeace

Pros

This company has been around for over 130 years and has a solid reputation for being one of the best in helping kids in crisis. It's gratifying to know that you're making a difference in the lives of children and families.

Cons

Child Welfare is a tough business to be in these days, with many changes and challenges happening on the Federal, State,and Local levels. KidsPeace hasn't escaped the impacts

There are newer employer reviews for KidsPeace