There are newer employer reviews for KidsPeace

The company only cares about the money they make not how they are screwing the employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orefield, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orefield, PA

I have been working at KidsPeace

Pros

You get to feel like you are making a difference in the kids life

Cons

Horrible pay for the people who work with the kids while the higher ups get the money and bonuses. Five times the work that can't even be done in 8 hrs.

Advice to Management

Instead of making sure you and your families can continue on living the grand lifestyle pay attention to the lower workers .Some lost alot of pay just to help you change over to a Clinical system that isn't working.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Love the job...

I have been working at KidsPeace

Pros

If you like working with children and really want the opportunity to make a difference in their lives, this is definately the job. I love my department and co-workers, not sure what headquarters and senior management are doing....nothing rewarding for the employees though.

Cons

Not compensated for the difficulty of the work we do, those that do an exceptional job are not rewarded.

Advice to Management

Employees would be more satisfied and eager to stay here if you took care of the people that make this company viable.

2. Do yourself a favor, don't work here!

Former Employee - Family Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Family Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at KidsPeace

Pros

The salary and benefits are good. Somewhat flexible schedule. Meet some great people (clients and co-workers).

Cons

Basically they management act like they own the staff. They expect that you are available 24/7, including being on-call. Staff burn out very quickly, most people last approximately 6 months, and 2 months of that is spent in training. There is no respect from management, the morale is low, and they work staff into the ground until they quit. Staff are very unhappy here and everyone is trying to get out.

Advice to Management

Honestly, I don't know what to say, although management does not respect the work the staff does, it is not completely their fault that this jobs sucks as much as it does. The DC foster care system is very complex, and this is an extremely tough field. Lower the requirements of the job, get company vehicles, don't duplicate work, really EXPLAIN the job during the interview, train staff more at kidspeace instead of relying on the useless CFSA training.