There are newer employer reviews for KidsPeace

The company only cares about the money they make not how they are screwing the employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orefield, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orefield, PA

I have been working at KidsPeace

Pros

You get to feel like you are making a difference in the kids life

Cons

Horrible pay for the people who work with the kids while the higher ups get the money and bonuses. Five times the work that can't even be done in 8 hrs.

Instead of making sure you and your families can continue on living the grand lifestyle pay attention to the lower workers .Some lost alot of pay just to help you change over to a Clinical system that isn't working.

29 Other Employee Reviews for KidsPeace (View Most Recent)

Do yourself a favor, don't work here!

Former Employee - Family Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Family Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at KidsPeace

Pros

The salary and benefits are good. Somewhat flexible schedule. Meet some great people (clients and co-workers).

Cons

Basically they management act like they own the staff. They expect that you are available 24/7, including being on-call. Staff burn out very quickly, most people last approximately 6 months, and 2 months of that is spent in training. There is no respect from management, the morale is low, and they work staff into the ground until they quit. Staff are very unhappy here and everyone is trying to get out.

Honestly, I don't know what to say, although management does not respect the work the staff does, it is not completely their fault that this jobs sucks as much as it does. The DC foster care system is very complex, and this is an extremely tough field. Lower the requirements of the job, get company vehicles, don't duplicate work, really EXPLAIN the job during the interview, train staff more at kidspeace instead of relying on the useless CFSA training.

All About The Benjamins

Former Employee - Clinician I
    Former Employee - Clinician I

I worked at KidsPeace

Pros

You work a TON of hours, so you can get your licenses and/or certifications fairly quickly. This is the #1 best thing about this company. Coworkers were generally great people.

Cons

Management is only concerned about the bottom line, including keeping kids in treatment who might be better served by something else. I had a lot of ethical issues with this place. Very long hours, no sympathy if you need time off. Stingy with time off if you've worked there less than 10 years. This place accepts the worst of the worst kids, so be prepared. Just before I left, mgt. cut salaries across the board - unbelieveable.

Realize you have some good people working there who care about the kids. But guess what? The good people can find other jobs at companies that compensate them better and appreciate them. So guess who stays?

There are newer employer reviews for KidsPeace

Worked for KidsPeace? Contribute to the Community!