There are newer employer reviews for Kier Group

Great people, very supporting and considerate. Lots of opportunties for growth and contribution.

Current Employee - Graduate Civil Engineer
Current Employee - Graduate Civil Engineer

I have been working at Kier Group

Pros

Excellent opportunities for onsite experience on interesting projects. Opportunity to work on an international level. Supportive management. Good training programme. Multi award winning company.

Cons

limited design experience for those taking their year out from site- but this is understandable considering the nature of the company.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Kier Group (View Most Recent)

Progressive learning Experience .

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kier Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good working environment ,oportunity to grow your experience in diferente departments and great team work spirit and dinamics!

Cons

Sometimes you have to find your own way to deliver a good job without management support. But that also helps you to grow and improve your confidence as a professional!

waiting for the right opportunity to reach the management level.

Was once great, now suffering from middle management failings.

Former Employee - Senior Quantity Surveyor  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Quantity Surveyor in London, England (UK)

I worked at Kier Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Friendly staff, generally a pro-active and positive atmosphere. First five years of career here were thoroughly enjoyable, a noticed change in culture away from employee welfare over the last two to three years.

Cons

Expect ridiculously long hours from employees, cronyism was rife in the division I worked. Centralisation of key functions is crippling business units, lack of training and support, very poor communication and antiquated IT systems. For a Blue Chip, Kier are behind the times, strategic group management are trying to change this, but it's not getting to business unit level.

Listen to on the ground management more, what your regional and business unit directors are telling you, all is ok, it isn't! The changes being forced through are ruining moral, damaging supply chain relationships, and breaking the company. Centralisation of key functions does not work in some businesses and is false economy, ignore at your peril, I have left and have sold most of my share holding as I see trouble ahead unless someone starts to listen.

There are newer employer reviews for Kier Group

Worked for Kier Group? Contribute to the Community!