There are newer employer reviews for Kier Group

Great people, very supporting and considerate. Lots of opportunties for growth and contribution.

Current Employee - Graduate Civil Engineer
Current Employee - Graduate Civil Engineer

I have been working at Kier Group

Pros

Excellent opportunities for onsite experience on interesting projects. Opportunity to work on an international level. Supportive management. Good training programme. Multi award winning company.

Cons

limited design experience for those taking their year out from site- but this is understandable considering the nature of the company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Agile, People Focussed Business

Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kier Group

Pros

Great opportunities to develop in a multi-facetted organisation on a major growth strategy

Cons

Erm.................I cant think of any

2. My experience with Kier has been amazing since the day I started

Current Employee - Telephonist in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Telephonist in Sheffield, England (UK)

I have been working at Kier Group

Pros

It's very close allowing me to cycle in, which saves me money and does a little part towards reducing my carbon footprint. I was welcomed with open arms by my colleagues and I have settled in quite nicely. Kier themselves always do good work and I'm happy to have good engineers to deploy to emergencies over the phone. It makes me happy to work here when residents - usually the elderly ring us back to thank us and the engineer for helping so quickly.

The banter in the office is second to none. The OOH engineers are a funny bunch to be around and they ensure I'm well sated and equipped with a warm drink when they are on standby in the office.

Cons

The only con is the longevity of the contract I work for and that I'm through the agency on site in Sheffield. Hopefully they have a place for me if the contract go's but I took the job knowing this due to how close to home it is.

Advice to Management

Lifts - I was contacted by a resident who stated they had been calling all afternoon. We start at 6pm so I don't know why they couldn't reach anyone but luckily it was a stair lift rather than an entrapment.