Kiewit Corporation
www.kiewit.com Omaha, NE 5000+ Employees

Not the biggest, but the best

Engineer (Current Employee)
Vancouver, WA

ProsThe company is financially strong. The work is intersting and exciting. You get the chance to be a part of some great projects. The people who work throughout the organization are really nice, mostly pretty cool, and all very smart high achievers. The compensation is good in general, but what really makes it great is the world class health care and 401K.

ConsYou have to go where the work is, especially early in your career so that means having to move at the whim of management. Usually moves are a career opportunity, and the company does pay the expenses, but it makes it hard to form a life outside of work. When you are off a job and doing a home office type role you will have to do a lot of travel. The work is demanding so you work a lot of hours making it hard to find work-life ballance.

great place to work, but don't trust the management

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee)
    Lenexa, KS

I worked at Kiewit Corporation as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: The work environment was very positive from my perspective. While everyone seemed to have projects running behind this worked well for me. I was given… Cons: After I had been contracted through another company for a 1 year contract with options to renew, I was suddenly let go after 6 months… Advice to Senior Management: Get some ethics No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Life = Work

Engineer/Estimator (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros: You are handed a great deal of responsibility right away. It can be very rewarding to see certain projects from start to finish. It is decent… Cons: Very harsh work to life ratio. You will be expected to work weekends, and mostly 10-12 hour days. Pay is salary,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kiewit Corporation.

Worked for Kiewit Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kiewit Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kiewit Corporation CEO Bruce E. Grewcock. All reviews posted anonymously by Kiewit Corporation employees.