Kiewit Corporation

www.kiewit.com

Be prepared to be overworked, under appreciated, and mismanaged while being fed adages of hipocracy.

IT (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsThe most positive part of working at Kiewit is the co-workers. For the most part extremely hard working bright & dedicated people trying to do the right thing for the company and leadership. Decent pay and decent benefits

ConsComing to learn that unless you are part of the 'old boy' school and can navigate the cliques and politics you are not going to go far. Learning that just because you're earning Paid Time Off, you're not expected to use it. Just about every poster and company saying is nowhere close to the truth. Their People are not their number one Asset, they are treated like commodities. Safety is number one as long as the job is getting completed quickly. Ethics are only the most important thing when you're standing in front of the room giving a speech or taking the annual 'trainings'.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have been with the company over 7 years and keep hoping that change is just around the corner. That the Senior leadership will finally realize that they are the major obstacle to the company being a great place to work.

With over 30 years of professional work experience I have never seen an organization so poorly managed. My co-workers and I often wonder has Kiewit has managed to last 125 years.

To me, the only answer is that earlier in the life of the organization, the leadership was much more humble and genuine. Which lead to a quality work, strong finances, and an excellent reputation.

So my advice to management? Get off your high horse. You are not entitled to anything and the people that work for you are not disposable. The morale of this organization is crumbling faster than you realize and you are on the cusp of losing what really makes this company great; your employees.

Avoid

Project Business Manager (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Benefits are good (Health, 401k, etc.) and it is a good place to… Cons: They claim to judge people on merit, but clearly don't since those who work the hardest don't get promoted/decent raises. The moving can get… Advice to Senior Management: Acually do what you say, value people as your most… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Life = Work

Engineer/Estimator (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros: You are handed a great deal of responsibility right away. It can be very rewarding to see certain projects from start to finish. It is decent… Cons: Very harsh work to life ratio. You will be expected to work weekends, and mostly 10-12 hour days. Pay is salary,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kiewit Corporation.

Worked for Kiewit Corporation? Contribute to the Community!