There are newer employer reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Kiewit is a great place!

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer II  in  Lenexa, KS
Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer II in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great growth opportunities, very competitive benefits package, treat employees well

Cons

Not a lot wrong with this place

314 Other Employee Reviews for Kiewit Corporation (View Most Recent)

great place to work, but don't trust the management

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer  in  Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Kiewit Corporation as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The work environment was very positive from my perspective. While everyone seemed to have projects running behind this worked well for me. I was given positive reviews and was complemented that I was doing the work of 4 other people at my level of pay. Nearly everyone was friendly and professional.

Cons

After I had been contracted through another company for a 1 year contract with options to renew, I was suddenly let go after 6 months with no explanation other than that they didn't have enough work. When they were advertising for more employees in the same role they had let me go from less than a month later I could not get any response from anyone I had worked with or for in terms of being able to rejoin the company.

Get some ethics

Not the biggest, but the best

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is financially strong. The work is intersting and exciting. You get the chance to be a part of some great projects. The people who work throughout the organization are really nice, mostly pretty cool, and all very smart high achievers. The compensation is good in general, but what really makes it great is the world class health care and 401K.

Cons

You have to go where the work is, especially early in your career so that means having to move at the whim of management. Usually moves are a career opportunity, and the company does pay the expenses, but it makes it hard to form a life outside of work. When you are off a job and doing a home office type role you will have to do a lot of travel. The work is demanding so you work a lot of hours making it hard to find work-life ballance.

There are newer employer reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Worked for Kiewit Corporation? Contribute to the Community!