Kiewit Corporation
www.kiewit.com Omaha, NE 5000+ Employees

One of the best in the industry

Engineer (Current Employee)
Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou have an opportunity to be more than a number here. I have held three distinct positions with the company and felt that my managers cared about helping me reach my career goals.

ConsI have also worked directly with someone who is not liked by managers or coworkers, does not do a good job (or what is asked of him), seems unable to handle the simplest things on his own, but is still around. It's demoralizing to do the work of two people and to see management keep that other person around. Unfortunately, that seems to be the type of thing that is everywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of low performers and bad managers more frequently. I have seen several good people leave because working with the poor performers was driving them crazy.

Construction nazi's

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Tehachapi, CA

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros: They get some the the biggest projects around. If it's big and… Cons: The fact that you work for kiewit means that kiewit now owns you. Expect 12-14 hr days also your weekends now belong to kiewit. First… Advice to Senior Management: Stop ostracizing your people for leaving the office after 10… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Field Engineer Intern

Field Engineer Intern (Former Employee)
Fairfield, CA

I worked at Kiewit Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Very good experience, you are given a lot of responsibility right off the bat. As a field engineer, you do not need much technical knowledge… Cons: No experience required really, did not apply any of the… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kiewit Corporation.

Worked for Kiewit Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kiewit Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kiewit Corporation CEO Bruce E. Grewcock. All reviews posted anonymously by Kiewit Corporation employees.