One of the best in the industry

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Kansas City, KS
Current Employee - Engineer in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You have an opportunity to be more than a number here. I have held three distinct positions with the company and felt that my managers cared about helping me reach my career goals.

Cons

I have also worked directly with someone who is not liked by managers or coworkers, does not do a good job (or what is asked of him), seems unable to handle the simplest things on his own, but is still around. It's demoralizing to do the work of two people and to see management keep that other person around. Unfortunately, that seems to be the type of thing that is everywhere.

Get rid of low performers and bad managers more frequently. I have seen several good people leave because working with the poor performers was driving them crazy.

Other Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Field Engineer Intern

Former Employee - Field Engineer Intern  in  Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Field Engineer Intern in Fairfield, CA

I worked at Kiewit Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very good experience, you are given a lot of responsibility right off the bat. As a field engineer, you do not need much technical knowledge to do your job. Fast paced environment, employees really friendly. Lots of overtime. Average work day was 6:30am-5:00pm or 5:30pm. Lots of fun team building.

Cons

No experience required really, did not apply any of the engineering I was taught in school.

Construction nazi's

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Tehachapi, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tehachapi, CA

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

They get some the the biggest projects around. If it's big and difficult i's probably a kiewit job which allows ample opportunity to learn.

Cons

The fact that you work for kiewit means that kiewit now owns you. Expect 12-14 hr days also your weekends now belong to kiewit. First week on the job i was given a "sunday key" for the job trailer. There was even a banner in a super's office that read, "KIEWIT your bitching!"

Stop ostracizing your people for leaving the office after 10 hrs

There are newer employer reviews for Kiewit Corporation.

Worked for Kiewit Corporation? Contribute to the Community!