There are newer employer reviews for Kiewit Corporation

One of the best in the industry

Current Employee - Engineer in Kansas City, KS
Current Employee - Engineer in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You have an opportunity to be more than a number here. I have held three distinct positions with the company and felt that my managers cared about helping me reach my career goals.

Cons

I have also worked directly with someone who is not liked by managers or coworkers, does not do a good job (or what is asked of him), seems unable to handle the simplest things on his own, but is still around. It's demoralizing to do the work of two people and to see management keep that other person around. Unfortunately, that seems to be the type of thing that is everywhere.

Advice to Management

Get rid of low performers and bad managers more frequently. I have seen several good people leave because working with the poor performers was driving them crazy.

reviews filtered by
  1. Field Engineer Intern

Former Intern - Field Engineer Intern in Fairfield, CA
    Former Intern - Field Engineer Intern in Fairfield, CA

I worked at Kiewit Corporation as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Very good experience, you are given a lot of responsibility right off the bat. As a field engineer, you do not need much technical knowledge to do your job. Fast paced environment, employees really friendly. Lots of overtime. Average work day was 6:30am-5:00pm or 5:30pm. Lots of fun team building.

Cons

No experience required really, did not apply any of the engineering I was taught in school.

2. A lot of really awesome experience in a short time.

Former Intern - Field Engineer Intern in Peachtree City, GA
    Former Intern - Field Engineer Intern in Peachtree City, GA

I worked at Kiewit Corporation as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Quickly and consistently given as much experience and responsibility as you are willing to assume. They never lay anybody off. Employee Stock Ownership possibilities after about 5 years.

Cons

They will ask you to move often on very short notice. That is to be expected, as it is the nature of the business.

Advice to Management

N/A

There are newer employer reviews for Kiewit Corporation