There are newer employer reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Start Up Mechanical Engineer

Current Employee - Start Up Mechanical Engineer in Lenexa, KS
Current Employee - Start Up Mechanical Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits package is impressive. Safety oriented company. Traing program is top notch.

Cons

low pay compared to competitor. Inexperienced middle managers and relys too much on inexperienced recent graduates.

reviews filtered by

Kiewit Needs to do More to keep employees interested in staying

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation

Pros

Diverse projects. Provisions for travelling and experience in several different fields.

Cons

You are assigned to one of the Area Managers. They treat you like their property, and you don't have much say as to where you will end up working. Basically if you want to succeed, they say "Jump", you say "how high". Anything less and you're automatically considered a B player. Its either you choose Kiewit or you choose your personal life PERIOD.

2. One of the best in the industry

Current Employee - Engineer in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Engineer in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Kiewit Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You have an opportunity to be more than a number here. I have held three distinct positions with the company and felt that my managers cared about helping me reach my career goals.

Cons

I have also worked directly with someone who is not liked by managers or coworkers, does not do a good job (or what is asked of him), seems unable to handle the simplest things on his own, but is still around. It's demoralizing to do the work of two people and to see management keep that other person around. Unfortunately, that seems to be the type of thing that is everywhere.

Get rid of low performers and bad managers more frequently. I have seen several good people leave because working with the poor performers was driving them crazy.

There are newer employer reviews for Kiewit Corporation