Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kiewit Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kiewit Corporation CEO Bruce E. Grewcock. All reviews posted anonymously by Kiewit Corporation employees.
1 person found this helpful
Current Employee – been working at Kiewit Corporation
Pros – - They give you lots of responsibility from the get-go. Up to you to own it.
- Never a dull moment. Rarely will anyone stay in the same job/position for more than 8 months.
- Good money and RRSP benefits
- You will never get laid off, they`ll send you to other Kiewit jobs if your district has nothing on the go.
- Kiewit University for those who stick with it.
- You will become extremely competent in very little time.
Cons – - Likely you will work between 55 and 65 hours a week.
- Incredibly poor staff morale.
- The reasons for easy promotion? Very high turnover.
- Huge decisions made on a whim at the last second. "You`re moving across the country on Tuesday. Pack your bags"
Advice to Senior Management – I have no advice. They haven't stopped milking out their staff for all they are worth, so it must be profitable. Bonus: The ones who stay are hardcore company people. Great business model, but not fun to work for.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2010-12-11 03:29 PST
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.