Family Atmosphere

I have been working at Kimball Electronics full-time

Pros

Autonomous, Fast moving Environment. Ability to make an impact and changes to processes. Lean/Six Sigma environment. People care about each other. Flexible.

Cons

Not enough resources to cover the work from an engineering perspective.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company with room to grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jasper, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jasper, IN

I have been working at Kimball Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is never a dull day. For those that want more than just punching a time clock and putting in your time, this is the place to be. Good growth strategy. Everyone is friendly and seems to want to achieve the goals set. Turnover is very low.

Cons

Benefits are average. Some individuals could be better qualified for their positions. Jasper is not the most welcoming to newcomers. This isn't necessarily something Kimball can fix, but it does factor into your decision to re-locate here.

Advice to Management

Find the right talent for key positions and don't settle. Look at the current bonus program and re-scale it to better reward those plants that are performing.

Not very employee friendly.

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kimball Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For the most part they have steady and reasonable work hours. Also fairly good vacation time. Currently they are trying to address some of the issues that have plagued this company for awhile.

Cons

Morale at this facility is at rock bottom. They haven't given raises in years, not even small cost of living raises. Employees are constantly being asked to take on more and more work without compensation to match. Before Kimball Inc. took over this company, we had free coffee, now replaced by a machine that doesn't work half the time. We used to get an extra 15 minutes for lunch once a month. That has been taken away We used to get 2 brakes and lunch. They took away one of the brakes. We used to have once a month birthday parties for all employees whose birthday fell within that month. That too has been eliminated by management and HR's attitude towards employees.

Advice to Management

Employee morale needs a boost in a big way. Give us something to show that we are appreciated even if it's just coming out on the the manufacturing floor and going around and letting people know that they are doing a good job. Not just coming out and berating folks when things don't go your way.