Kimberly-Clark

www.kimberly-clark.com

Risk-Averse, Old-Style, but Stable

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Kimberly-Clark is a conservative, stable company which isn't going to go belly-up in uncertain times like these. I feel stable in my position and am prouod fo the company's brands and reputation for making quality products. I love the people I work with and trust them. My sector primarily promotes from within to management positions.

Cons

There are few women or minorities in leadership positions in my sector. I do not see any concerted efforts to promote or recognize the values of diversity to the organization. Communication from the leadership of my sector regarding how we are doing is spotty. Compensation relative to others in the industry is less - this is justified to the employees by saying that we are such a stable and risk-averse company that the stability outweighs the compensation issues. There is a relatively new system of forced-ranking of performance and leadership qualities which penalizes those who take risks and fall short of goals. The system encourages those who sandbag, then blow out their numbers.

Allow your employees to take risk, learn from mistakes, and value those who are willing to take on risky projects. Make a concerted and company wide effort to employ and promote diverse teams. Make clear communication with all teams a priority.

Other reviews for Kimberly-Clark

Strong portfolio of brands but weak management and leadership.

Current Employee - Supply Chain  in  Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Neenah, WI

Pros

The company has a great brand portfolio of products that are either number 1 or number 2 in that category.

Cons

Management is definitely incompetent and employees are not always valued as assets of the company. The culture is definitely not diverse and it is very difficult to be coached for success. Employees to perform well are not always treated fairly or praised for their successes. They are also revamping their organization which inevitably leads to layoffs...definitely not a high level of job security. Multiple mills have shut down and entire departments outsourced (HR, IT, etc.).

Treat your employees with respect! They are the ones who are building your company and ensuring the success of your brands.

What have you done for us lately

Current Employee - Engineer III  in  Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Engineer III in Roswell, GA

Pros

Kimberly-Clark provides good pay and decent benefits. THey are especially lenient with time off. The coop program has historically been strong too. I can say the people are very nice and the comany has always done business honestly. This is a great place to to start a career in engineering or IT. You do get very good initial experienxce. The company is good about giving you opportunities to reloate and will usually promote you quicker is you move.

Cons

Poor career development to say the least.

Start focusing on what is best for the company in the long run, not just your careers.

There are newer employer reviews for Kimberly-Clark.

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!