Kimberly-Clark

www.kimberly-clark.com

Risk-Averse, Old-Style, but Stable

Team Leader (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsKimberly-Clark is a conservative, stable company which isn't going to go belly-up in uncertain times like these. I feel stable in my position and am prouod fo the company's brands and reputation for making quality products. I love the people I work with and trust them. My sector primarily promotes from within to management positions.

ConsThere are few women or minorities in leadership positions in my sector. I do not see any concerted efforts to promote or recognize the values of diversity to the organization. Communication from the leadership of my sector regarding how we are doing is spotty. Compensation relative to others in the industry is less - this is justified to the employees by saying that we are such a stable and risk-averse company that the stability outweighs the compensation issues. There is a relatively new system of forced-ranking of performance and leadership qualities which penalizes those who take risks and fall short of goals. The system encourages those who sandbag, then blow out their numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your employees to take risk, learn from mistakes, and value those who are willing to take on risky projects. Make a concerted and company wide effort to employ and promote diverse teams. Make clear communication with all teams a priority.

Strong portfolio of brands but weak management and leadership.

Supply Chain (Current Employee) Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark

Pros: The company has a great brand portfolio of products that… Cons: Management is definitely incompetent and employees are not always valued as assets of the company. The culture is definitely not diverse and it is very… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with respect! They are the ones who… More

What have you done for us lately

Engineer III (Current Employee) Roswell, GA

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark

Pros: Kimberly-Clark provides good pay and decent benefits. THey are especially lenient with time off. The coop program has historically been strong too. … Cons: Poor career development to say the least. Advice to Senior Management: Start focusing on what is best for the company in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kimberly-Clark.

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!