Kimberly-Clark

www.kimberly-clark.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kimberly-Clark

Very challenging and satisfying on many levels

Former Employee - Creative Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Creative Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Great benefits. Generous vacation offered with ability to purchase more. Immediate supervisor and team was fabulous to work with.

Cons

Upper management somewhat out of touch. Peer review process unwieldy and often irrelevant waste of time. Feedback often vague (canned and prompted responses) and therefore unuseful. 2009 Executive management announced a company-wide plan to improve office environment and then took many departments (I worked in creative department/marketing) discarded offices and shoved us in tiny 8’ x 8’ cubicles. Couple that with the fact that team leads were extremely reluctant to allow us to work remotely while claiming to care about gas consumption and touting itself as a “green” company. Atlanta traffic is notoriously bad and I often spent over an hour getting to work. I lived less than 20 miles away.

Resolve the disconnect between what your initiatives state in your company-wide meetings and announcements, and the reality of what is happening at individual department levels. There is often a large and largely unnoticed discrepancy.

517 Other Employee Reviews for Kimberly-Clark (View Most Recent)

The company is going to slowly die

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Good initial training and advancement

Cons

Once you get to a certain level everything slows down

None that they would listen to.

Great entry-level position with programs and training in place to quickly learn the foundation of Financial Analysis.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst I/Financial Analyst II in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst I/Financial Analyst II in Roswell, GA

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

-Well-respected company that's been around for a long time
    -Manufacturing cost/financial analysis skills developed applicable to positions with other companies
    -You get to decide how much direct day to day supervision is required
    -Working as part of a team allowed us to leverage each other's skills to maximize training sessions that were held regularly
    -Management doesn't act like a tiny mistake is the end of the world
    -Positive reinforcement when you're doing a good job
    -Solid data systems/technology

Cons

-Large organizational structure with many levels of management makes defining correct customer difficult at times
    -Team environment made it harder at times to be recognized individually while less productive employees could skate by under the radar
    -Little too much focus on the office politics/relationships as opposed to the quality of work in certain situations
    -Economic downturn resulted in elimination of 50% of the promotions everyone on my team was working towards

Solid organizational/management structure in place already. As an established manufacturing company, I felt management was a bit too risk adverse at times for fear of decisions having unintended consequences. I think management should take a few more innovative/creative risks to drive future performance instead of resting on KC's strong brand image and economies of scale. It felt like the company was managed very well overall, but managers were trying to maintain the status quo as opposed to improving the company for the future.

There are newer employer reviews for Kimberly-Clark