Kimberly-Clark
www.kimberly-clark.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Management doesn't get it.

Individual Contributor (Current Employee)
Roswell, GA

Pros-Great coworkers
-Great location for Metro Atlanta area
-Beautiful corporate campus
-Great health center/exercise facility and wellness programs
-Decent benefits; medical/dental/profit sharing

Cons-Management driven by Street results...regardless of internal "cost"
-Respect for employees/indviduals marginal at best
-Old boy network; promotion based on who you know/currying favor
-Limited recognition of individual contribution
-Old forced ranking system was deadly; new system is inexplicable
-Average pay now limited by "Market Based Compensation" measures
-Internal employee motivation programs based on ludicrous consultant recommendations
-Unresolved struggle between old school and new school management philosophies @ top
-Lean and mean has become corporate anorexia; too many tasks, too few people
-Top management completely out of touch with day-to-day employee issues, needs and activities
-Ridiculous internal computer/data systems for day-to-day operation with no training; systems change with no announcement, leaving non-IT employees to "work it out on the ground"
-Team leaders/directors have their eyes pointed upwards; very limited contact/direction for their teams

Advice to Senior ManagementLooking down the barrel of a 30+ year career, I've seen good and bad from KC. Right now, it's mostly bad.

The company just reissued an engagenement survey...the same as done 2-3 years ago. The results then were pretty abysmal, but none of that feedback got management action. No doubt, this survey will yield the same results. I'm sure it's a warm feeling in the pants of top management, but when will management really listen? All those employees can't be completely wrong.

Get back in touch. Mill workers feel management is out of touch. Professionals think they're out of touch. Go spend some time on the shop floor...in the marketing and sales offices. See what the real issues are...and meditate on what you fine before making your next cost-cutting decision.

Pick a direction and a corporate mission that's real and home-grown. The consultants are sucking money out of you. You know he business, the assets and capabilities. Whatever you decide, resouce it and stick with it.

Good coop experiences

Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee)
    Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark as an intern for more than a year

Pros: The company put me in engineering rolls that I might have someday. I worked in materials research, product research and design, and production engineering. Each… Cons: Mills tend to be in smaller towns, so it can… Advice to Senior Management: Help coops make strategic plans to see a wide variety of job roles. My career path… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Executive Assistant, Roswell, GA

Executive Assistant (Former Employee)
    Roswell, GA

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Great people to work with and everyone is helpful. Cons: As a contract employee for 90 days is the worse because… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kimberly-Clark.

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!

Kimberly-Clark – Why Work for Us?

Our brands are household names all over the world: Kleenex, Kotex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Cottonelle, Scott, Depend, Viva, Poise and others - not to mention our many health care and professional products. But look behind… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kimberly-Clark reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kimberly-Clark CEO Tom Falk. All reviews posted anonymously by Kimberly-Clark employees.