Kimberly-Clark

www.kimberly-clark.com
  www.kimberly-clark.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kimberly-Clark

It has been a great place from work/life balance!

Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Neenah, WI
Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

-- Good salary but no bonuses
-- Work/Life balance exits - Most people have kids and take off at 5 or so.
-- Very nice team atmosphere
-- Management recognizes people when they do a good job (at least I have seen that in my case)

Cons

-- Too many processess and things take a long time to get done
-- Too many meetings and most of them are not productive. We have guidlines in the meeting room that say "dont email during meetings" but no one adheres to is because we have meetings all the time and we have NO time to actually work or respond to emails.
-- Dont have international career opportunities in marketing as much as we'd like.
-- Location is not the best (neenah is 2.5 hours north from Milwaukee) -- not much to do

-- Invest in better proceses that talk to one another instead of in silos.

499 Other Employee Reviews for Kimberly-Clark (View Most Recent)

Great Place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

They really value their employees
    Great benefits, wonderful work atmosphere
    For the most part, highly competent co-workers
    Good career ladders

Cons

Long work hours at times

Don't bother

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lagrange, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lagrange, GA

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Decent benefits, lower level employees are fairly nice, the pay was once great for the area but now its more mediocre.

Cons

KC is running in 50 different directions at once and it shows, the work/life balance may be nice at other mills but here it is horrid, 12 hour rotating shifts and management hides out in the parking lot to catch anyone coming in late, the "validation" system they have setup is the dumbest thing I have ever seen as you are constantly having to re-interview for your job, very clique based i.e. if you aren't rubbing elbows with the higher ups not only do you stand no chance of promotion but it becomes very hard to get even a regular raise, do not even think of taking a break during a scheduled down you are expected to work your 12 hours with a 15 min lunch any more than that and they start breathing down your neck.

You have people working the machines that not only know what they are doing but have been doing it for 15-20 years and do it well, listen to them and take their advice to heart. Also stop trying to make this into more than it is, its just a mill job and all of this validation review board stuff is just trying to make it seem more important than it really is, no one wants to stand in front of you guys for an hour explaining the mechanics of a wound roll while you look on with no idea of what we are talking about.

There are newer employer reviews for Kimberly-Clark