Kimley-Horn and Associates
www.kimley-horn.com Raleigh, NC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Work here for the pay, not for the life.

Civil Engineer (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

ProsThe pay here is great because the company is privately owned and all profits are shared. You are compensated for your effort.

ConsThe amount of effort that is expected, or that you are guilt-tripped into giving, is ridiculous across the board. Forget about your life outside of work, family, health, hobbies, etc. This was the best place for me for the first 5 years when I was single and had dreams of being a millionaire. I feel that once you have a family and start to have goals outside of the office you will quickly grow out of Kimley-Horn.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have taken more of an active role in hiring and training and pushing for work/life balance for your staff back in 2009-2010 when we started screaming for help. Now the atmosphere and moral are awful, staff is unmotivated, training is non-existent so staff is inefficient, and you're losing great staff.

Good company with great pay and benefits, but sweat shop.

Engineering Analyst (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at Kimley-Horn and Associates

Pros: Good pay, great benefits, large company with great technical resources… Cons: Easy to get lost in the fold with so many employees, difficult to… Advice to Senior Management: Allow more decision making and hiring and firing to be done on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

This place is a cult.

CAD Drafter (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

I worked at Kimley-Horn and Associates

Pros: When I started, KHA still had a good reputation in the industry for the quality of work. Sadly that was on its way out as… Cons: Hard work and conscience will get you used and abused, brown-nosing will get you promoted. I was in high demand from project managers for my… Advice to Senior Management: I hear that many of the bad management level staff are still there. They are totally disconnected from their production staff and even the product… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kimley-Horn and Associates.

Worked for Kimley-Horn and Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kimley-Horn and Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kimley-Horn and Associates CEO John C. Atz. All reviews posted anonymously by Kimley-Horn and Associates employees.