There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates

Hard-working environment with performance-based bonuses and profit sharing.

Current Employee - Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Profit Sharing - 401K, Goal-oriented, entrepreneurial. Great teamwork environment and very talented staff. Opportunities for young staff to advance.

Cons

Extra effort expectations can be too high some times that make work/life balance a challenge. Workplace pace is very fast and rarely, if ever, slows down.

Focus more on work/life balance.

161 Other Employee Reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates (View Most Recent)

Work here for the pay, not for the life.

Current Employee - Civil Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Civil Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates

Pros

The pay here is great because the company is privately owned and all profits are shared. You are compensated for your effort.

Cons

The amount of effort that is expected, or that you are guilt-tripped into giving, is ridiculous across the board. Forget about your life outside of work, family, health, hobbies, etc. This was the best place for me for the first 5 years when I was single and had dreams of being a millionaire. I feel that once you have a family and start to have goals outside of the office you will quickly grow out of Kimley-Horn.

Should have taken more of an active role in hiring and training and pushing for work/life balance for your staff back in 2009-2010 when we started screaming for help. Now the atmosphere and moral are awful, staff is unmotivated, training is non-existent so staff is inefficient, and you're losing great staff.

Good company with great pay and benefits, but sweat shop.

Former Employee - Engineering Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Engineering Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Kimley-Horn and Associates

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, large company with great technical resources and help, half day Friday schedule, profit sharing, good training programs

Cons

Easy to get lost in the fold with so many employees, difficult to differentiate yourself, long hours expected of you, effective hourly pay rate is low.

Allow more decision making and hiring and firing to be done on a local basis, by local management. Make it feel like a "small company".

There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates